Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Your favorite online game

There probably have been threads like this before but what is your favorite game to play online? Mine is cs:s but I get bored of playing that after a while so Im looking for a different game to play online. Has anybody played Q4 online? Im kinda thinking about buying that game but I have heard the onlines not that great.

AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Your favorite online game

FEAR MP and AOEIII online (have yet to try it), but I played AOEII online and loved it. Must have 5 minutes build time, lol.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

Yeah I almost bought F.E.A.R. the other day but I didnt really like the multiplayer demo of it. Of course it might have just been that map. I dont know I might buy it just because the singleplayer was really fun.
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

well bf2 is awesome. But I hate how EA hasn't fixed the bugs, and how they are just ripping more and more money from u all the time. (like if u buy bf2: special forces u get new weapons that are better than the ones in normal bf2 and then u can play with those awesome weapons on the normal bf2 servers. And I heard that they are coming up with some update packs, which are like patches (bug fixes, a few maps and maybe some new guns) and u have to pay $10 for them, and they are releasing two. So basicly they are making us pay for patches. So it really sucks. And I ain't buying those packs.

But Forgotten Hope 2 (a mod for bf2) will be so much better than the normal bf2, and ofcourse it's going to be free. And there is lot's of other nice mods out there but I'm sticking to the original game until FH2 comes out.

So bf2 is one good option.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^

Americas Army
^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teencompwiz2
Americas Army
well AA ain't bad. And it's completely free so if somebody hasn't tried it I suggest u do.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to yellowsnowman

Gunz
yellowsnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to EVILISCIOUS Send a message via MSN to EVILISCIOUS

Counterstrike, world of warcraft and command and conquer generals
EVILISCIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #9
In Runtime

Last year without a doubt was Unreal tournament 2004 (onslaught), now this years it's Battlefield 2, nice game. But EA really need to get a bug fix out soon and a patch to stop the AAbot cheaters.

I was a Quake fan since Quake 1 (Q1W - requiem mod), but Quake 4 is really bad and you're lucky to find a server with anyone on it. FEAR is dull online as your weapons never miss a target, which means no skill needed just point and fire - Yawn!!!

Can't wait for ut2007 to come out

BullDog(UK)
ATI Radeon X1950Pro - Crossfire Edition - 512MB GDDR3 x2 cards installed.
BullDog(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Golden Master

just because the weapons hit where u aim doesn't mean that it does not require skill. It's the same for everybody so no one has any advantage from it. The only thing that decreases the skill level is the fact that there is very little need for controlled bursts.

U need to be fast. U need to aim fast. U need to know when to use the med packs etc. And after all, almost in every game u will see the difference between skilled players and the not skilled ones.