Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Your Country

I'd like to read someone's post about England, that's one of the places on my list to go see on vacation soon.

I live in the US, specifically Buffalo, NY.

Pros:
- I like the weather (snowboarding in the winter, but it's hot in the summer)
- Barely any crime in the suburbs where I live (Amherst is one of the safest towns in the U.S.)
- Very culturally diverse + tolerant, about 50% Indians, Chinese, and Koreans and 50% Caucasians.
- Most people are very computer literate because of the Asian influence.

Cons:
- Can get very cold in the winter
- Buffalo's economy is dying, so many people are moving away
- High taxes (It's 8-point-something % sales tax now)
- Not a very good government

The people here are mostly nice, but there's more and more drugs here in the suburbs because the kids have so much money.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Your Country

You shouldnt whine about taxes, we get taxed 14% sales tax in Ontario!
__________________

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Yea AL is like 48, and GA is like 49 I don't know who is 50 in education.

I came to a military school and it was a much bigger learning experience.
AZ is 50 for funding which shows if you go to school here... luckily I'm in a good district here but a lot of them are really bad.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #24
Fully Optimized
 
hascet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,218
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
Not that I'm trying to start a fight here...

but prey tell... what country has america pwned lately,
afganistan? iraq? vietnam? somalia?

Um... none of those, and most of those (second/third world) countries have pretty much zero military strength what-so-ever...

who's army = pathetic? anyones 'cept americas?

if you're so much better than anyone else, so much better trained, experianced etc...

why was/is america fighting so hard to try to get countries to join up with is colilition then if you reckon that you're so much better than anyone else suerly you could have done it on your own?

why is it, american soldiers shoot more of their own (as in own side) compared to anyone else,

why do more american soldiers come back from war with psyciological problems more than any other nation?

why is it that the might of the american army needs to stop technological development of other countries that might see the emergence of new super powers?

these questions are all pretty much rhetorical by the way... I can see that browserjoe is too blinded by all this patriotical bull that gets in the way of a lot (not all) of americans trains of thought these days...

never mind... (unfortunatly growning up dowsn't help as many adults, in fact more adults suffer the same condition).
I'm not mad or anything, and I don't know if you live in the US or not, but for people with attitudes like that who do live in the US they are the cause for the problems, thats why soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who come back have psychological problems, because some americans don't support them. And we don't think were better than everyone else we have allies.
hascet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
I'm not mad or anything, and I don't know if you live in the US or not, but for people with attitudes like that who do live in the US they are the cause for the problems, thats why soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who come back have psychological problems, because some Americans don't support them. And we don't think were better than everyone else we have allies.
I wouldn't say that. I see guys come back from Iraq all the time generally 9/10 are perfectly fine. Even the ones in the infantry. Its not the 99 that came back fine you hear about, its the 1 that didn't.

I feel however the biggest cause for that is the standard at which the Army recruits its soldiers. They aren't very picky. The Air force is, extremely picky.

Americans do support their troops, the troops in the combat zones get what they need and much more. They get a lot of stuff, I helped knew a solider that said they got so many care packages where they were at, it was crazy. They'd get things ranging from maginzes to entire laptops.Soldiers are well cared for and the American people do support them. Its the standards at which the Army Recuirts its men that cause the problems.

And before you look at where I live and go off on me because you say I live in Germany and don't know wtf I'm talking about my dads 23 years AF enlisted and i've been in the military life style for over 17 years now I've seen the military more up close and personal then most Americans back in the states.

(Just added the last part in because people have gone off on me when I speak about America, since they think I don't know what its like.)
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #26
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
if you're so much better than anyone else, so much better trained, experianced etc...

why was/is america fighting so hard to try to get countries to join up with is colilition then if you reckon that you're so much better than anyone else suerly you could have done it on your own?


why is it that the might of the american army needs to stop technological development of other countries that might see the emergence of new super powers?
well the answer to that is mainly that our president in mentally retarded
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #27
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Your Country

Yup, biggest reason why.

Europeans understand this much, most Americans like this war just as much you do.
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #28
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
You shouldnt whine about taxes, we get taxed 14% sales tax in Ontario!
Damn, im sorry, LOL
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #29
Fully Optimized
 
UK31337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,776
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
You shouldnt whine about taxes, we get taxed 14% sales tax in Ontario!
The whole UK gets 17.5%... it's called VAT (Value Added Tax).

Stop whining about 14%, we get fleeced for everything here, lucky anyone in the UK actually has any money at all.
__________________
Master of common sense. If you don't like it, stop reading.
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Your Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
The whole UK gets 17.5%... it's called VAT (Value Added Tax).

Stop whining about 14%, we get fleeced for everything here, lucky anyone in the UK actually has any money at all.
lol, and that my friends is why we had a revolution
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0