You think your pathetic desktop displays awesome graphics?

i dont know, technology is advancing faster than ever, think about how fast everything has grown, we've only had digital computers for a few decades

I just cant wait until real looking human renderings, i mean we have ones that look great but i mean if someone could make a 3d human that could move, and do things, cant tell a difference, immagine the possibilities for film

That looks real nice. You know what would be better is if there were some way to make our desktop wallpaper interactive like that. Imagine our desktop coming to life like that. I would love it.

Kind of like a digital picture frame that are common in our households. Instead of having a *bleh* picture in a frame, we now have actual computer image of that picture and video clips that plays in an electronic frame.

at first i didnt want to believe that was rendered..... cant wait till video games ca do that in real time!!

You know, you can set GIF images to your desktop background, and they can be animated... Seriously lags the system, though.

Wow that is good!.

only it was done on a rendering grid, in other words not in real time. Just like when you see water in movies, like the perfect storm. It takes months to render which makes desktop graphics cards look good if they can produce the realism we see instantly.

I'm really impressed with that, but yeah as David says, that would have took months to render on many batches of computers on a server, using very complex CPU calculating/lighting (of how it'll bounce to fill the scene), etc.

It'll be a while before that could be done in real time at that quality.

I mean creating the water etc, like the second one looking that realistic is even hard to do using 3D packages taking months to render. Theres alot of materials, etc blending together to make that water, and reacting with each other.

Back
Top Bottom