Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

View Poll Results: What do you think about dst?
I favor it 2 28.57%
I dislike it 0 0%
I don't give a rat's ass either 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Are you pro or con about daylight savings time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Who cares? Is this all you do go out and find things to bitch about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337G33k View Post
honestly, and i dont mean to sound rude or disrespectful. But, I DONT CARE.
I don't want to speak for other members, but sometimes your posts come across as pointless and in this case I'm going to agree on this topic.

I know this is the "Social Lounge|Off Topic" section but not every single thing needs to be discussed and/or have a survey with it. I believe this is what they are getting at

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
I don't want to speak for other members, but sometimes your posts come across as pointless and in this case I'm going to agree on this topic.

I know this is the "Social Lounge|Off Topic" section but not every single thing needs to be discussed and/or have a survey with it. I believe this is what they are getting at
This topic does come up biannually in the news which Wiki devoted an article to.

The question turns on what type of threads would be suitable for the Social Lounge? One can't anticipate everybody's reaction as one man's garbage can be another's treasure and vice-versa. Most of my threads have generated excellent replies (including this one).

Would you suggest topics that have been beaten to death or ones that are new and fresh?

Tech Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Explorer View Post
This topic does come up biannually in the news which Wiki devoted an article to.
What doesn't Wiki have an article devoted too? By that logic I should start a thread about Eric Cartman because there is a wiki article devoted to him and he's on TV a couple times a day.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #14
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
What doesn't Wiki have an article devoted too? By that logic I should start a thread about Eric Cartman because there is a wiki article devoted to him and he's on TV a couple times a day.
I've never heard any complaints about Wiki. People refer to Wiki frequently which is an indication as to how successful they are.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
MMM
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post

Yes I quite agree you should not speak for other members......
I do not see any where what topic should be talked about or not in this section of the forum so why are members are having a go at Tech Explorer?
If you do not like the subject of the post just ignore it and move on...
I do this all the time on any forum I participate in, certain topics I join in certain topics I choose to ignore....How hard is that!!!

As long as no one is posting offensive material people can post as much as the like on any subject that is suitable for forum IMO.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yes I quite agree you should not speak for other members......
I do not see any where what topic should be talked about or not in this section of the forum so why are members are having a go at Tech Explorer?
If you do not like the subject of the post just ignore it and move on...
I do this all the time on any forum I participate in, certain topics I join in certain topics I choose to ignore....How hard is that!!!

As long as no one is posting offensive material people can post as much as the like on any subject that is suitable for forum IMO.
Folks...this ^^^ seems reasonable.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
Folks...this ^^^ seems reasonable.
Let me add this is the Social Lounge where you're free to respond, ignore, post or start your own threads. With respect to polls, they're done on a variety of subjects and sometimes they're repeated to see if there's a change in public opinion. If you find a thread boring, I challenge you to post a more interesting thread in the SL.