You own a car? Care to share?

I get it you're not in the States?

Even here we have the same popularity case. The problem however is our specs. The stealer (dealer) provides specs completely different than that of it internationally. people resort to importing to get the good stuff. Works for me as I don't look at Toyota.

You guys have never worked on a farm if you think those hay bails are that big a deal for moving around the property, haha.

nobody said that they were a big deal or the end of the world, just if you're the farm/land/truck owner, and your weirdly loaded very high centre of gravity unsecured load, happens to fall as you go down the road/round a corner/with a cross wind, and happens to land on a person then you will be the one in court followed by prison with manslaughter charges.

it's a choice, and a risk, it might be a calculated one and it might be one that you're willing to take without even thinking, and that's just fine...

certainly if I was going from one end of a straight farm track to another I'd consider loading the vehicle like that... - though then it's probably more effort to climb of and put the top bales on, two trips would be faster and easier?

in this country (the UK) it is illegal to carry an insecure or unsafe load on a public road, so if you tried to drive that truck that is loaded with hay on a public road and you were spotted by the police you would likely be stopped...

Penalties can be quite severe.
Haulage | Motoring Offences | Mason & co | Motoring Defence Solicitors

Can be as little as 3 points + £60 or 3 points + £2500 (~$4000) on a private vehicle, that said. given that in this country the ford f-150 vehicles are a commercial chassis, and if you were a farmer you'd be using it as your business then it might be that you get the 3 point + £5000 (~$8000) fine.

We have a points based license system, where generally points are given in groups of three, (e.g. speeding is three points) if you get 12 points then you get what's called a totting up ban. -e.g. you can't stop committing offences, so you'll be banned from driving, this may or may not be in addition to time served in prison.

I have a 1989 Grand Am with a quad 4 engine, with close to 300,000 miles. I have rebuilt the engine twice. Last time I put in a high output head and cams. Quad 4 is actually a pretty amazing little motor. It still runs real good, it's my wifes daily driver. I also have a 2001 chevy blazer 4x4. I have had that for 8 years now.

My daughter has a 2003 Grand Am that I passed down to her when I got the 2006 G6. Her Grand Am is approaching 200K miles and still on the original engine which still runs strong.

I also own a 2009 Crown Victoria with true dual exhaust. The output is 239hp and the torque is ~260lb-ft max. Has the widest rear axle differential ratio available for Crown Victoria and other Ford Panther Platforms (they all share the same drivetrain) so the acceleration is the worst and the consumption is the lowest. Otherwise, it is the standard trip except for the ABS and a Gulf Cooperation Council's (GCC) special edition rear A/C vent which is pretty much awful but there nonetheless.

Yep, the same durable car used widely by the Force in the USA.

459d1294863093-crown-victoria-p74-sport.jpg

Not mine but looks almost exactly the same. Note: trees not included.

Stopped selling for public in 2008 in the US but continued in GCC countries due to its popularity. In 2012 got continued along with its siblings the Grand Marquis and other Lincoln panther platforms like Towncar. A real waste for the GCC countries.

nobody said that they were a big deal or the end of the world, just if you're the farm/land/truck owner, and your weirdly loaded very high centre of gravity unsecured load, happens to fall as you go down the road/round a corner/with a cross wind, and happens to land on a person then you will be the one in court followed by prison with manslaughter charges.

it's a choice, and a risk, it might be a calculated one and it might be one that you're willing to take without even thinking, and that's just fine...

certainly if I was going from one end of a straight farm track to another I'd consider loading the vehicle like that... - though then it's probably more effort to climb of and put the top bales on, two trips would be faster and easier?

in this country (the UK) it is illegal to carry an insecure or unsafe load on a public road, so if you tried to drive that truck that is loaded with hay on a public road and you were spotted by the police you would likely be stopped...

For what it's worth...

I would say I live "in the country" even though technically I live in a town. However if I drive 5 minutes in any direction I'll hit the edge of town. The country side where I live is nothing but fields...as far as the eye can see. Corn, Soybean, or Wheat fields for miles. So for me, seeing that truck carrying all that hay isn't all that uncommon. In fact, it's usually pulling a trailer full too. And that's on the public roads. Its also not uncommon to get stuck behind a tractor and wagon or a combine or other farm machinery on public roads. While it's probably illegal, it's not likely that the truck would be pulled over...actually it's not likely that the truck will even see any cops away from the towns and cities in the area anyway. It depends entirely on where you live and what is acceptable practices. While he's going on public roads, it's not like he's driving though the middle of a town. And even if he did most people wouldn't look twice or if they did it would be to bet on if he was going to make it or not without tipping over.

Also it's worth noting that our roads are straight and most turns are 90 degree corners. There are few roads with curves or bends in them and if a road does curve alot it's because it runs along a river, and you can just go an extra mile or two to the next road that will go to the same place and it will be straight. Our roads are laid out in big squares (in general) so it's easy to get around and find alternate routes and feel comfortable knowing that even if you haven't been on this road before, you will eventually end up in the right spot. And we have a completely flat landscape...and when I say flat, I mean flat. There is almost no height differences where I live. During the last ice age, a glacier was actually covering where I live now so it flattened the landscape.

What all my rambling is meant to say is that if you live in a farming community seeing trucks loaded imporperly and with who knows what is common and a part of life and isn't anything to talk about.

I was in one of the biggest cities in my state for a few days last week. On my way home, I hit a back road highway and had to stop for gas. When I pulled into the station, I saw more trucks in and around station than I probably did for the few days I was in the city. Just depends on where you live and what is practical for what you do.

Also FYI: One of the most popular cars among millionaires: a Ford...if I'm not mistaken it's actually an F-150.

I have a 1989 Grand Am with a quad 4 engine, with close to 300,000 miles. I have rebuilt the engine twice. Last time I put in a high output head and cams. Quad 4 is actually a pretty amazing little motor. It still runs real good, it's my wifes daily driver. I also have a 2001 chevy blazer 4x4. I have had that for 8 years now.

Wow certainly car manufacturers followed each other on body style designs, it has the same similar body shape of a Nissan Skyline we had here in Australia of the same era.

How about a pic of the engine bay if possible.

Wow certainly car manufacturers followed each other on body style designs, it has the same similar body shape of a Nissan Skyline we had here in Australia of the same era.

How about a pic of the engine bay if possible.

Ill post a pic. As soon as i can wash the engine. Id be embarrassed to show it dirty. It has been 9 months since I last cleaned it.

Back
Top Bottom