You own a car? Care to share?

Parked my MB and driving my CV for sometime since it's been parking for a long time. Must not let the oils and other parts stall for long.

Any advice in how long can a vehicle fully park without having any problems? I know the thicker the oil and the colder the weather the more often it has to move.

Note: "advice" is different than "advise".

Do you know the difference between definitely and defiantly? It's rather frustrating when someone says 'I'm defiantly there!' -.-

Yup, I do.

Don't you think the difference is too obvious between the two? I enjoyed Legacy of Kain: Defiance, the game.

And, "I'm defiantly there" makes sense btw. Teenagers tend to go places their parents don't want them to so they defy them and go anyway :facepalm:

You probably mean it is frustrating when someone "type" instead of "says". I believe the pronunciation is clearly different.

I'm glad someone does. I see that messed up all the time. Ordinance and ordnance is a similar one I've been seeing mixed up a lot, even by professional journalists.
Both are new to mee. Writing in English could get under one's skin sometimes. I my self am bad at spelling. Thank you, Firefox auto correction.

Note: "mee" up there is a typo :D

Note: "advice" is different than "advise".

You probably mean it is frustrating when someone "type" instead of "says". I believe the pronunciation is clearly different.

Now you're just showing off :p

Some of the call centre staff were I work seem to be unable to tell the difference between advice and advise. After a while they gave up and went with 'cust adv drpd h/set on pavement' which is fine on the system but despite outlook as a spell checking function they still feel the need to 'type' (see what I did there? ;) ) like that constantly.

Anyway, I should probably contribute to the actual topic in hand; I probably have the worst car of anyone here - a 2004 Vauxhall Corsa :s

A non native English user tends to show off for every new thing they learn of the language. Boost up self esteem :D

That Corsa is 2004. My MB is 1992 :rolleyes:

Just because it's 2004 doesn't mean it's any good!

Everyone needs a self esteem boot at times, presumably that's why us ladies always ask how they look or if their backside looks big...

I dropped the possessive "s" in "boost" and you dropped it in before "t"... hmm :D

Anyway, it is good that you pointed out you are a lady. I use honorifics from time to time so it will save me lots of embarrassment.

I refer to "good" in cars mostly in terms of reliability and endurance before anything else (practical person here). My MB stops from time to time because it is old although it is an MB. A 2004 is definitely (not defiantly haha) more reliable than a 1992. That is why I usually use the CV to take the family out, specially my mother.

Parked my MB and driving my CV for sometime since it's been parking for a long time. Must not let the oils and other parts stall for long.

Any advice in how long can a vehicle fully park without having any problems? I know the thicker the oil and the colder the weather the more often it has to move. ...
Letting a vehicle sit for extended periods is not only hard on the fluids but the various seals tend to dry out which causes them to shrink which can lead to leaks. Sitting for an extended period can also cause the tires to develop a flat spot.

In extreme cold conditions, it's advisable to remove the battery and store it someplace where it won't be subjected to freezing temps.

It's difficult to give advice regarding how long a vehicle can be parked since there are many factors involved. I would say you probably should at least start the vehicle and bring it up to operating temperature at least once a month, if possible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

I actually never park my cars for longer than 2 weeks. And when I move them, I do it on highways on variable speeds.

I guess I'm safe for now.

Just re-parked the CV and got the MB moving again. I like it more. The CV has some fun breaking designs that bother me.

Anyone see the documentary Black Rain about the Buick Grand National? I have always wanted a Grand National but after watching that doc. I really want one. In my opinion the baddest muscle car ever made.

Back
Top Bottom