You cant call it a gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go Maurice, heres an article from the BBC that says cannabis doesnt cause violence, wheres yours that says it does?????? POST your proof please!

Psychoactive Substances and Violence, a 1994 report conducted by the US Justice Information Center, concluded: "Of all psychoactive substances alcohol is the only one whose consumption has been shown to commonly increase aggression.

We found that people dependent on cannabis were more likely to commit violent crime - but to say our studies showed that cannabis itself caused violence is wrong

Dr Louise Arseneault

"After large doses of amphetamines, cocaine, LSD and PCP certain individuals may experience violent outbursts, probably because of pre-existing psychosis."

The report does not even bother to include cannabis in the list of potentially violence-inducing substances.

The US National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse said in its 1973 report, Marijuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding: "In sum, the weight of the evidence is that marijuana does not cause violent or aggressive behaviour.

This view is supported by the White House Conference on Narcotics 1962 and the President's Commission on Law Enforcement 1967.

Two of the most recent studies into the links between cannabis, mental health and violence, carried out among 1,000 young adults in New Zealand and published in 2000 and 2002, have been used as major planks in the cannabis causes aggression argument.

Yet Dr Louise Arseneault, the lead author on both studies, says her work has been misrepresented.

"We found that people dependent on cannabis were more likely to commit violent crime. But to say our studies showed that cannabis itself caused violence is wrong.

"We found it was not the substance that caused the violence, it was because heavy users were more likely to have a history of anti-social behaviour, bad parenting, failure at school, thieving and involvement in the illegal drug market.

"It is not because of consumption, it's because of past history.

"To say the paranoia created by smoking cannabis makes you more likely to be violent is a very big claim," she says, "there is no evidence for this."

While Harry J Anslinger's "monster marijuana" can certainly be blamed for a deterioration in the mental health in some users, its power as the driving force behind an endless string of murders and suicides is at present the stuff of fiction.

Here ya go Maurice, heres an article from the BBC that says cannabis doesnt cause violence, wheres yours that says it does?????? POST your proof please!

Psychoactive Substances and Violence, a 1994 report conducted by the US Justice Information Center, concluded: "Of all psychoactive substances alcohol is the only one whose consumption has been shown to commonly increase aggression.

We found that people dependent on cannabis were more likely to commit violent crime - but to say our studies showed that cannabis itself caused violence is wrong

Dr Louise Arseneault

"After large doses of amphetamines, cocaine, LSD and PCP certain individuals may experience violent outbursts, probably because of pre-existing psychosis."

The report does not even bother to include cannabis in the list of potentially violence-inducing substances.

The US National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse said in its 1973 report, Marijuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding: "In sum, the weight of the evidence is that marijuana does not cause violent or aggressive behaviour.

This view is supported by the White House Conference on Narcotics 1962 and the President's Commission on Law Enforcement 1967.

Two of the most recent studies into the links between cannabis, mental health and violence, carried out among 1,000 young adults in New Zealand and published in 2000 and 2002, have been used as major planks in the cannabis causes aggression argument.

Yet Dr Louise Arseneault, the lead author on both studies, says her work has been misrepresented.

"We found that people dependent on cannabis were more likely to commit violent crime. But to say our studies showed that cannabis itself caused violence is wrong.

"We found it was not the substance that caused the violence, it was because heavy users were more likely to have a history of anti-social behaviour, bad parenting, failure at school, thieving and involvement in the illegal drug market.

"It is not because of consumption, it's because of past history.

"To say the paranoia created by smoking cannabis makes you more likely to be violent is a very big claim," she says, "there is no evidence for this."

While Harry J Anslinger's "monster marijuana" can certainly be blamed for a deterioration in the mental health in some users, its power as the driving force behind an endless string of murders and suicides is at present the stuff of fiction.

Well done! Nice find, post the link so I can read more if that's ok?

We're not having a go Brookfield, but you do escalate things too far over petty little things lol.. back to topic?

Rep Raffaz..

We're not having a go Brookfield, but you do escalate things too far over petty little things lol.. back to topic?

Rep Raffaz..
Back to topic, I thought we were still on, as to petty things what's petty about it?, anyway I was wrong, perhaps my view was skewed, I was in a large furniture store last year asking a sales assistant about carpeting, when in came three youths who ran to the back of the store, shouting, then came to the front, jumping from bed to bed, treating them as trampolenes as they went to run out, the manager called out them, they came back & surrounded him, one stood a couple of feet in front of him, leant forward & said, "What do you want you old w*nker", then turned to me saying "who are you staring at, you old c*nt"
Now this had nothing to do with cannabis or anything else I'm sure, they were just a bunch of chavs, who wouldn't have said a word, if the manager & I had been about thirty & obviously fit.
This incident is not intended as an excuse, but I'm pretty sure that it affected the way I viewed some young people.

Chavs, say no more :p Not all chavs are bad but nearly all of them are :p Go around in groups beating people up because they cant fight one on one! Where I live its over run by immorgints and chavs :(

Again, if you saw someone in the street dressed in what you might call "chav" clothes, would you think he was a chav? He could be a very respectable guy, again, stereotypes come into this..

Rep Raffaz..
Its actually the BBC mate, heres the link.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6484653.stm
Back to topic, I thought we were still on, as to petty things what's petty about it?, anyway I was wrong, perhaps my view was skewed, I was in a large furniture store last year asking a sales assistant about carpeting, when in came three youths who ran to the back of the store, shouting, then came to the front, jumping from bed to bed, treating them as trampolenes as they went to run out, the manager called out them, they came back & surrounded him, one stood a couple of feet in front of him, leant forward & said, "What do you want you old w*nker", then turned to me saying "who are you staring at, you old c*nt"
Now this had nothing to do with cannabis or anything else I'm sure, they were just a bunch of chavs, who wouldn't have said a word, if the manager & I had been about thirty & obviously fit.
This incident is not intended as an excuse, but I'm pretty sure that it affected the way I viewed some young people.
No doubt, that will definately have affected your opinion.
Again, if you saw someone in the street dressed in what you might call "chav" clothes, would you think he was a chav? He could be a very respectable guy, again, stereotypes come into this..
Couldnt agree more:)

yeah i know manny respectable people that lkike to wear what is called sports cloths , it is someones action or perdsonality that make them who they are , not how they dress
say you where blind , how would you judge how people then you would have to go off there actions and personality and you may find that someof the people you would judge to be good would be people that dress in "chav cloths" think about that for a muinute everyone

No, I wouldn't judge them just by their appearence, there are loads on the Isle of Wight, most of them with accents that show they were not from the island originally, that's not to say all island chavs are innocent, those in the store were definitely local, the accent is quite distinctive, I've lived here for a long time, when I worked for a firm of solicitors, 7 out of 10 who appeared before magistrates were island born, I know that as one of my jobs was to take the paperwork along to the court.

No, I wouldn't judge them just by their appearence, there are loads on the Isle of Wight, most of them with accents that show they were not from the island originally, that's not to say all island chavs are innocent, those in the store were definitely local, the accent is quite distinctive, I've lived here for a long time, when I worked for a firm of solicitors, 7 out of 10 who appeared before magistrates were island born, I know that as one of my jobs was to take the paperwork along to the court.

Loads of what? Chavs?.. again, being stereotype on people's appearance. Never heard never judge a book by it's cover? :)

Loads of what? Chavs?.. again, being stereotype on people's appearance. Never heard never judge a book by it's cover? :)
I'm just able to stay polite to you, in the post just before my last one, muz referred to chav's clothes, so yes, I meant chavs, & please don't quote "you can't judge a book by it's cover" because I've just said as much in a previous post.
Now, I've said that I was wrong, so can't you leave it alone, what do you want, blood?, I don't think we can be friends again as we once were, but can't we at least agree to differ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom