Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

I had a similar mail delivery situation at my old house except it to this day is still a mystery what really happened. I ordered a case and some parts for my build and they arrived while I wasn't home and when I saw the case completely destroyed. I don't know if it was ups that messed it up or just one of the people who hated me saw what they thought was a new computer delivered to my house and thought it would be fine to just f^^k it all up. It almost looked as if someone took the box tipped it on its side and jumped on it several times. The b^^ch of it was it was part of a barebone kit so to return it I had to wait for the rest of the parts that were on back order to get here and then sent it all back and wait for a complete replacement.
I was tempted to go out and buy security cameras to monitor our front porch and driveway because it was messed up to the point that I don't think ups would have let happen. When I filed the damage claim with ups they were dead set on saying that everything arrived fine. this set my build back about a month. I was originally planning on having it done by june 2007 when I ordered everything but ended up being august and I had already taken my old rig completely apart to take the parts I wanted in the new computer so I had to completely reassemble the whole old computer.

I have seen quite a few people get smashed LCDs from ups (01001010 was one) because the lay the boxes down and just pile things on it until it collapses. I have also heard never to ship plasmas through them because it will be destroyed 100% guarunteed. You cannot lay a plasma TV down without it being wrecked.

Every time I order things from newegg, the box arrives folded up like an accordion. If there is something in it large enough to force the box to keep it's shape, it comes with the top collapsed in.

Ups shipping is terrible is basically my point.

They didn't mess up my Koolance box. It's not really "the company" so much as it would be "the region". Things get handled exceptionally well here. The only issues I've had with UPS were my 7200.11 and my Ultra Aluminus. The box was smashed on the corner for the 7200 and the Aluminus had highly visible dents on the top and the side panels were bent inward where the screw holes are, so it made putting the side panels on very difficult.

I use UPS for everything I can. USPS and Fedex always fudge up my packages. My UPS driver is a really cool guy too.

Back
Top Bottom