Yes!

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I got my rebate check in from Xigmatek. I kept reading everywhere that people usually never get them.

Thats what I have been told about the 2 rebates I did (Cooler Master, and Corsair), and yet I got them back. $40 each too.
Took awhile for the Cooler Master one though, took about 8 months IIRC, and for Corsair, it was pretty fast, mainly because I forgot about it.

Thats what I have been told about the 2 rebates I did (Cooler Master, and Corsair), and yet I got them back. $40 each too.
Took awhile for the Cooler Master one though, took about 8 months IIRC, and for Corsair, it was pretty fast, mainly because I forgot about it.

It's been about a month and a half. I didn't even both sending my OCZ one in. Mainly because they only give you 12 days to send a rebate and it took about 9 business days for it to get to me. I could have had another check for $40.00.:(

I'm definitely going for another hard drive, so I can put them in RAID 0.

What's the deal with rebates?

Rebates are usually used to lower the introductory price, hoping that it'll grab the consumer's attention. Most manufacturers purposely make the process inconvenient hoping consumers won't bother with the rebate claim in the end.

PC Parts are so much more expensive in the UK, plus no rebates. When we went into recession, the chancellors idea to increase spending was to drop VAT to 15% from 17.5%. Makes no real difference to the normal shoppers life. About 3p to the pound at best.

Back
Top Bottom