Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
There are racists all over the world. Hell, even the Ku Klux Klan is well and alive in the US today. It's just something that we have to live with and hopefully we're all educated enough to embrace all types of cultures and ethnicities.
Lol tell me about it. They still have Klan rallies around here..

But I also know a few people who are "in" the Klan and they aren't the racist, narrow minded, bigoted people that come to mind with the KKK, they're good folk. Around here anyway the Klan is more of a advocate for Southern Rights, they are somewhat similar to the League of the South (in favor of a free and independent South). But I know the Klan isn't like that everywhere.
__________________

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
LMAO!! thats funny bevis and butt head
__________________

__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

umm its not racism if its towards a religion...as is in this situation (islam). Racism is towards color of skin. You don't get to choose that. Religion is totally up to you.
__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
Lol tell me about it. They still have Klan rallies around here..

But I also know a few people who are "in" the Klan and they aren't the racist, narrow minded, bigoted people that come to mind with the KKK, they're good folk. Around here anyway the Klan is more of a advocate for Southern Rights, they are somewhat similar to the League of the South (in favor of a free and independent South). But I know the Klan isn't like that everywhere.
Yeah, from what I've heard some parts of the KKK has toned it down a bit with the racism. Still awfully scary out in the south if you ask me...no offense of course.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:53 AM   #15
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

None taken the South's about like anywhere I suppose, it has it's up's and down's but overall it's a pretty nice place to live...it does have it's quirks though
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

I've never seen anything that indicates the presence of the KKK here.. but I wouldn't be surprised to find them around here.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
None taken the South's about like anywhere I suppose, it has it's up's and down's but overall it's a pretty nice place to live...it does have it's quirks though
Haha yeah I suppose. I think it was after watching Top Gear's roadtrip through the south that made it somewhat scary. Hahaha...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:19 AM   #18
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 878
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Haha yeah I suppose. I think it was after watching Top Gear's roadtrip through the south that made it somewhat scary. Hahaha...
Haha yeah that was funny as hell, writing things on their cars like:

'Hilary for President'
'Nascar sucks'
'Man-love rules ok?'
'Country & Western is rubbish'
'I'm Bi'

Then they get chased out of Alabama by red necks.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #19
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

I was in Florida in 2006 and actually saw a van trying to 'convert' gays. Unfortunately, it had a picture of the gayest cowboy I had ever seen on it, and proclaimed It's great to be STRAIGHT'. I only wish I could have taken a picture. I would still be laughing now. God bless the South.


And you're right - racism is for race. We call this 'faith hate'.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #20
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: Yay! My town is now racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Haha yeah I suppose. I think it was after watching Top Gear's roadtrip through the south that made it somewhat scary. Hahaha...
Lol I haven't seen that...sounds like something that I could laugh at

But yeah, I won't lie. The South is home to some of the most redneck/white trash yeehaw southern hillbillys like you have never seen but it also has some of the friendliest, down to earth folks you'll ever meet, and the food is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Haha yeah that was funny as hell, writing things on their cars like:

'Hilary for President'
'Nascar sucks'
'Man-love rules ok?'
'Country & Western is rubbish'
'I'm Bi'

Then they get chased out of Alabama by red necks.
LOL now I know this is something I REALLY need to check out only thing that list is missing is

- "Man am I glad Dale Earnheart is dead"
- "I hate that lizard piss you call beer"
- "Would I like more gravy with that? no, why would I want that?"
- "Would I like sweet tea to drink? no, unsweet is the bomb"
- "I'm really happy the North won the war between the states"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
I was in Florida in 2006 and actually saw a van trying to 'convert' gays. Unfortunately, it had a picture of the gayest cowboy I had ever seen on it, and proclaimed It's great to be STRAIGHT'. I only wish I could have taken a picture. I would still be laughing now. God bless the South.


And you're right - racism is for race. We call this 'faith hate'.
Dear sweet mother of Mary
__________________

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0