XP on 32MB of RAM and a P2

karling07

Daemon Poster
hahaha yeahhh this is my new project. I was given a school laptop -- it's an IBM thinkpad, here are the specs:

32MB RAM
250MHZ Processor
1.2GB Hard Drive

I have completely stripped down XP Pro to work on this computer - installing right now ( successfully skipped the 64MB memory requirement step :p )

Pictures to come if it works... Otherwise I'll have to next try 2000, and then of course... 98 :(

hahaha yeah i saw that digg- it's what inspired me, im having enough trouble with my specs right now unfortunately... :(

Meh, to be honest I don't see the point in it lol, put the computer to use, install Windows 98SE, and use it as a folding box or something.

Ewww... you guys were right - installed alright, but it took 4 minutes to boot up and every time i opened any windows, it kind of just froze :p

Hahahah i'll compromise and go with Windows 2000 -- its fast/reliable. if all else fails... i guess im back to 98 :(

Jackson.MacKenzie said:
Ewww... you guys were right - installed alright, but it took 4 minutes to boot up and every time i opened any windows, it kind of just froze :p

Hahahah i'll compromise and go with Windows 2000 -- its fast/reliable. if all else fails... i guess im back to 98 :(

theres nothin wrong wit 98...its just a bit older thats all

98 is less stable than 2000; IMO 2000 was one of MS's best releases... (NOT to be confused with ME, which is without a doubt the worst).

I still perfer to use win 2k over XP because of reliability. Imagine an athlon 3500+ overclocked to 3.3ghz, 2 GBs of Ram, and a nvedia 7600 on a win 2k system. It runs very fast, maybe even faster than if it was an XP machine!

Back
Top Bottom