Xbox 360 VS PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with you in the online aspect, but not the games. Of course all of that is personal preference and whether or not the PS3 is more powerful or the xbox has better online, I think it all really comes down to how fun the games are. That's why I buy my playstation every 5 years cuz I love the games and exclusive titles it has. I don't care about the graphics and the online and the other little add-ons it gives you. And it's the same thing with the xbox which has a lot of exclusive titles that I like actually and I'd probably buy one if I had the extra money, but as you can imagine I don't have 700 some odd dollars just lying around. But luckily I have a few friends who are gonna buy it or buy both and I can freeload there. ;)

Yeah, on games, it's all about what genres you like. Shooters, Racers are for the Xbox 360 and RPG's, Final Fantasy etc are for the PS3. Most people think the PS3 is more powerful simply because of what's written on paper. Bigger isn't always better. Times are changing...people like to customize their consoles just like cell phones. That's why the Xbox Development Team wanted to integrate the use of swappable faceplates. You could litterally have anything. Logos, designs, cars, solids, game titles, art, brand names....the possibilites to represent your personality are limitless.

The PS3 has no customization features what-so-ever. All they have are the white, silver and black color PS3's. That and their fugly silver boomerang with buttons, or their DualShock 3 controller if you want to call it that.

Definately. The only thing the PS3 has is raw speed and processing power. It's like that's all they cared about.

They are but with with Microsoft aiming for such a multimedia console at a low price you think Sony would have put a bit more time into making the PS3 more multimedia. Who knows maybe ppl will think the Xbox 360 wasted too much time on alll the extra stuff and go with the PS3 because they focused so hard on the power of the console.

extra features are nice that is true... but I've always liked power...

btw ps3 is going to have some online gaming thing... sort of like xbox live aren't they?

ok... well maybe they're not revealing it means it will be really good? could mean something else to I suppose lol

crazyman143 said:
speed and power are pretty important are they not?

Speed and power is important. But the PS3 has way too much for developers to handle. The Xbox 360 was designed to give the developers the power to make anything, without making it too difficult, while giving alot of power to do as they wish. Assigning tasks for the 360's 3 CPU cores is already hard, while assigning tasks for the Cell's 6-7 cores is going to be very, very difficult. Bigger isn't always better. Numbers don't always mean anything. The Xbox 360 is well-rounded in terms of power, speed, multimedia capability, customization, price ($299 is a pretty good satarting price), looks etc. The PS3 only has pure speed and power, no customization features, lacks the networking features that the Xbox 360 has, lacks the iconic look of the PS2 and PSOne, and is EXPENSIVE! ($399 is a waste of money for a console that only focuses on pure power and speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom