XBOX 360 and PS3 is scam! Watch out!

lhuser

Golden Master
I saw in the news that to get a Backwards compatile XBOX, you had to get the $500 model...totally different shape. They didn't tell us about it.

The PS3 will NOT be backwards compatible...aparantly, not an architecture fault...

so, next time you want to buy something, make sure that you think well before...or buy a PC

ummm its not a scam the xbox360 has 2 models the $300 core sys and the backwards compatible $400 sys. its been like that for a long time.. and yes they have said it repeatedly over the last few whiles.

who cares if ps3 is not backwards compatibe?? its gonna have mgs4

It's not a scam.

You need to buy the premium version of the 360 for it to be backwards-compatible because that version comes with a harddrive, which has all the emulators pre-installed in it.

As for the ps3, it has been said that there are some games that are not backwards compatible (something to do with the hardware), but these are in the minority.

I personally think the 360 is s**t. The launch was disappointing, the games so far are average and there have been quite a few reports of overheating, disc scratching, crashing and freezing.

If you want a fully backwards compatible system, get the Revolution, that's what I'm most looking forward to, then the ps3, least of all the 360 (it's the same as the ps3 but with lamer games).

I'm going to get flamed for this...

Me too! If I had the chance to boy one console, the Revolution it will be!

To be fair, the original Playstation is 11 years old, and the PS2 is 5-6 years old. Not to mention the years both spent in development.

Maybe Sony have realised it's time to move on, but backwards compatibility would be nice.

I think it's difficult to make it have backward compatible because you have to be able to "step down" using compatible older technology, which may reduce the effectiveness of new technology. Imagine Windows. In order to go on to use new hardware capabilities (64-bit), Microsoft had to sacrifice support of the old 16-bit legacy programming and some 32-bit support. It "bottlenecks" the efficiency of the 64-bit interface and slows it down because of the older support.

Back
Top Bottom