Xbox 360 has died YET AGAIN!!!

I bought a PS2 shortly after launch and mine has worked flawlessly ever since.

I've even dropped it a few times. >.<

*knock on wood*

You must have just gotten lucky. Most have failed.

I wish I had that luck with my consoles.
Its just the fact they aren't fixable like PC's with new parts, so after the console has stopped being made, and you've ran out of warranty, who can fix them?
Are there small companies that'll fix consoles rather cheaply?

Well nintendo has a repair shop still, for consoles as old as the NES and SNES.

Fortunately sony has backwards compatibility with their consoles (depending on the ps3 you get i suppose)

but microsoft on the other hand doesn't give a crap. They killed and quit supporting the original xbox just as the 360 came out. The console was barely out for 4 years. Sure the 360 has backwards compatibility.. but it's not anywhere near as good as the Wii's or the PS3's.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if MS kills the 360 once the successor is ready.
The only real argument MS has I suppose is that they made absolutely no money on the first xbox, except maybe off of halo. The hardware costs more to make than they sold it for.

Sony on the other hand must have put some serious thought into the PS2. They are about to re-release it again for $100 (this time the PSU is on the inside again), sony must still be making money off the console to keep supporting it.

Hey Kage

Not really understanding what Microsoft's deal is in not replacing it. Yours is the first case I've heard of them repairing it rather than replacing it from the start. It probably has something to do with what answers you gave to their initial questions, You have to make it sound as if they are 100% liable for everything. (Don't know what you said, just throwing it out there as a possibility)

Anyway, About the Third Party Repair: The cause for the Ring of Death is hardware failure, And its normally either Fans failing/not working properly or certain chips burning out that cant take the heat the 360 produces when its doing all the different tasks it can do at the same time.

Those chips can be bought online, so there are some (but very few) companies like mine that will repair xbox consoles. The only issue, is you have to sign a waver that says you wont blaim the company for voiding your warranty, because thats what it will do.

The only real argument MS has I suppose is that they made absolutely no money on the first xbox, except maybe off of halo. The hardware costs more to make than they sold it for.

Sony on the other hand must have put some serious thought into the PS2. They are about to re-release it again for $100 (this time the PSU is on the inside again), sony must still be making money off the console to keep supporting it.

Did you forget about the expenses of the hardware compared to the price of the PS3 Console?

Also, on another note: Overall Microsoft has gotten more profit from their sales this gen than Sony.

yea red ring is just hardware failure mines in texas right now getting fixed for the same thing.. i hope they just send me a new one so i can get the hdmi port in the back:) please be really broke..

I doubt they'll send you a new one with a HDMI port in the back. I wish that too, but I honestly doubt it, however many times you have it sent in.

I think its the power supply to be quite frank, which is why they are taking that this time as well.

If it dies the same way (depending on wheather I get the same one back) then I'll definetly have something to say.

Yeah, it annoyed me too, considering throughout this thread, I've said I have a PS3 and I also have a good gaming PC...

Anyway, DHL has took it at around 8am this morning, so its up to them now.

Yeah, it annoyed me too, considering throughout this thread, I've said I have a PS3 and I also have a good gaming PC...

Anyway, DHL has took it at around 8am this morning, so its up to them now.

Seriously...f-ing fanboys. :rolleyes:

Next time someone says that about the PS3, I'll go downstairs, grab my PS3, chuck it at the wall, and post pics of it. Okay?

Back
Top Bottom