Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y
Default Re: Xbox 360!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xguynameddavex
xbox 360, i hate to say it, but it definitly owns in graphics, think about it, bill gates designates whether people can offer their games with the windows logo on it, of course he wouldnt want pc out doing his system!! pc games are holding back.

Random Fact: did you know that Microsoft lost close to 300 dollars on every system sold?

The Catch: Think about how much the make off the games!

XBConnect is what i use recon 16, i wouldnt pay for xbox live if they made me, i mean, it is nice being able to DL all those demos, but still XB connect is free and its fine with me! im a poet and i dont know it. or show it, alright im done. i think.
Actually, Microsoft lost Billions on the xbox, that's why they hastily threw the 360 at consumers, and that's been a mistake. Loads of hardware failure and huge shortages means their early lead strategy has failed.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and I think the Rev is the best console, even if it has the weakest specs. Seen the new exclusive game Red Steel? That's gonna own!

ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

PlayStation 3 just seems more appealing to me than XBOX 360, personally.
But, I must agree that Nintendo was an amazing system in its day and I'll check out the Revolution because maybe they'll include some nice mario games.. ;-) (What am I kidding.. they always do!)

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon 16
do you have xbox live? if so we will have to play together
count me in!
i got it around Xmas time, but i think my live account got cancelled yesterday, as my friend was payin for it, and then saw he was still being charged.
then he was like WTF? and cancelled it looks like im payin for my own live...

btw: hows oblivion? i just bought a laptop so i dont have money, but i plan to buy advance warfighter or BF2
Old 04-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu

Here's something I never really thought about before, me and my friend were talkin bout it the other night. I've had a xbox since it came out, loved it, have a assload of games, want a 360. But before that I had a N64. And I have to say, I had a hell of a lot more fun playing those games, yea they didn't have amazing graphics or enthralling storylines, but they were so much fun, that's what a game should be, fun. But here's the main point, have you ever heard of anyone having a broken N64? Mine took spells down stairs, into a pool, out of a car, and always worked, quality piece of machinery. I love xbox and xbox360, but the N64 still has a place in my heart, never did like the gamecube much tho. The PS2 was cool, never got into it. But the PS3 looks amazing, here's the catch, it's going to be expensive as hell.
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

All of the systems are expensive when they first come out (ussually around Christmas time to.. *ching ching*).

So, you wait a couple months and the price drops down like 50 bucks.. :-p

EDIT: I admit.. 200 was a bit too much.. 50 is good. :-p
Old 04-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

months? how bout no? It took the ps2 a year to drop down by 100, games stayed the same price all 5 years.

I'm getting both though, I dont favor one over the other. The whole fanboy thing makes me sick. Why can't people just enjoy the systems like they were meant to be enjoyed?

I mean come on, people that have ps2s say xbox's suck, people that have xbox's say ps2s suck, its stupid. I enjoy them both.

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

I want the revolution
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

The PS3 is going to be EXPENSIVE. Supposed to be over or around the $500-$600 price range. Oh and don't forget about the games too, which will probably be about $60-$70 per game, thanks to the extra cost of Blu-Ray. I have no doubt about the PS3's power, but if they want to have a good launch and remain competitve with the Xbox 360, they have to play the price game right.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
months? how bout no? It took the ps2 a year to drop down by 100, games stayed the same price all 5 years.

I'm getting both though, I dont favor one over the other. The whole fanboy thing makes me sick. Why can't people just enjoy the systems like they were meant to be enjoyed?

I mean come on, people that have ps2s say xbox's suck, people that have xbox's say ps2s suck, its stupid. I enjoy them both.
Well, it won't drop dramatically but I've seen the price drop after about 4-5 months.. at least by 50 bucks in some shops because after the initial rush of customers, the sales inevitibly go down. I don't mean the game price, I mean the system price though..
Old 04-11-2006, 12:49 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

so instead of payin 600 well pay 550, AWEOME xP

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote