X-box 360's frame rates

The thing about the xbox is that every system has the same parts in it so it helps developers make games so I dont think fps will be a problem. The devs will know what parameters they have to work with and they will go to town.

Yeah, that's one of the big advantages of consoles - no matter when or where you make the game, the hardware will always be the same. That's why computer games still trail the graphical power of consoles. They have to make sure that they will work on most systems, and that usually means sacrificing some performance. It's getting better though.

Kage said:
"30fps i believe, but with motion blur it seems about 60"

Wouldn't motion blur slow down the system more? Not increase the framerate?

i know this isnt part of the question, i just want to clarify. What i ment was its 30 fps, but with motion blur on (i think its mandatory in almost every game released on it) it SEEMS 60. not becomes 60.

Ah right :p I get what you mean.

Yeah, I think developers shoud aim for 30-60fps, and that means with that graphics card in it, that the visuals should be top notch :D

Dested said:
i know this isnt part of the question, i just want to clarify. What i ment was its 30 fps, but with motion blur on (i think its mandatory in almost every game released on it) it SEEMS 60. not becomes 60.
Haha, good old Microsoft taking its usual shortcuts and forcing its partners to do the same.

Yeah, but Motion Blur looks good :p...usually...

Well actually, it depends what type is used, because they could simply use an image motion blur which is computed rather than actually happening by repeating polygons which is the best way to do it, and most clear.

You can't forget all the advanced effects were going to see in next gen games though like camera focusing, and all those lovely 48x pixel shader pipelines being used :D

Haha and I just had a thought.
If they contain motion blur which makes 30fps look like 60.
Simply turn Motion Blur off, and you get thetrue 60fps :p

Back
Top Bottom