Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default wtf man..

Damn man, new car got hit....My dad took it to taco bell, comes outside and some lady backed up into the front bumper..The thing is, the damage isn't bad enough to lets say call the insurance, just scratches, but the lady doesn't want to pay outside of insurance..So basically, my only option is insurance company, who is just going to raise my premium, so I'm going to end up paying for it my self..And the lady who hit me, doesn't want to pay on the side..So basically that bitch gets away with hitting my car and doesn't have to pay shit..I mean how the hell is this possible, if someone hits you car there is no way you insurance should go up..Just makes me mad!

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: wtf man..

That stinks... I saw your car in the pics you posted awhile back, it's a nice car. I would hate to buy a new car and have it already dinged up. Insurance is kinda weird. That's why I'm happy with having an old '92 Ford car while having to park it in the high school parking lot. I'm sure someone already hit it or something, one day the bumper had a bigger crack in it than what it used to have. Since it's so old and I paid next to nothing for it, and it already looks bad enough, I could care less that that happened. If I saw someone purposely hit it or something and then not pay for it, that's different. But I sure would hate to buy a nice looking car (even if it was used and nice looking) and have it dinged within a month of buying it... Though it sounds like a long shot, hope it gets straightened out mostly in your favor.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #3
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35x View Post
Damn man, new car got hit....My dad took it to taco bell, comes outside and some lady backed up into the front bumper..The thing is, the damage isn't bad enough to lets say call the insurance, just scratches, but the lady doesn't want to pay outside of insurance..So basically, my only option is insurance company, who is just going to raise my premium, so I'm going to end up paying for it my self..And the lady who hit me, doesn't want to pay on the side..So basically that bitch gets away with hitting my car and doesn't have to pay shit..I mean how the hell is this possible, if someone hits you car there is no way you insurance should go up..Just makes me mad!
Dude if someone crashed into your car why would the insurance raise the premium . I mean its not even like you where in the car at the time . It happened to my dad before and he just threatened to switch insurance companies and they went oh wait no that wont be a problem . He still switched in the end cos he could get a better deal lol
Old 07-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Dude if someone crashed into your car why would the insurance raise the premium . I mean its not even like you where in the car at the time . It happened to my dad before and he just threatened to switch insurance companies and they went oh wait no that wont be a problem . He still switched in the end cos he could get a better deal lol
dosent matter when they have to pay money for you your rates go up
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

Basically, insurance will own you no matter what. It's how they roll. I haven't even been pulled over for the three years I've been driving. No tickets. No collisions. No claims. Still sky high insurance. It's because I'm young, I'm male, and I'm "high risk" apparently.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Site Team

She has no choice, either you claim on HER insurance or she pays up. Its her fault!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

good point i bet she would be willing to pay to get the car fixed if you "threatened" to tell her insurance agency. im asuming that the rate increase wouldnt be worth it compared to the repair cost.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

put it through her insurance.. if its the same as over here, your insurance doesnt need to know about it.
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #9
Golden Master

I hope your dad got her info. At least her plate number. I know what you mean with the insurance company. I hate reporting anything to the either since I'm always fearing the rate will jump higher than what you're paying now. That's why I always try to negotiate with the other party and get their contact info, plate number, make/model of car, etc.

If it's a small ding like you say, I guess you can choose to just drop it and let it go---but that lady sounded like it wasn't her fault by how she's saying that she doesn't want to pay for the damages. Taking her to small claims court is useless since they'll point you back to dealing with car insurance.

So looks like you'll have to go through insurance (explain to them what had happened exactly), or just let it go. Unless you can find some other way to make her pay.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Golden Master

I think we're going to just let it go..Its going to cost me like 100 to get it fixed, if that..Oh well, I guess shes lucky..Got my tints yesterday, 20% all around, hope I don't get a ticket ahah..I'll post pics soon.

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote