Wtf...

So do any of you remember my post about a week ago, about how I removed and mole and got stitches? So today I went to get it removed and I asked the doctor if it was safe to swim and whatnot. She said yes, next thing you know, I come home after going swimming (with a band-aid on). I take it off, and guess what?! There's big f*cking hole on my back. It pisses me off because I could have gotten an infection or some sh*t. Tomorrow morning I'm going to call her up and see what I have to do. That's so BS though. I better not get any disease of something.

If it was a public swimming pool then it would have been chlorinated. Your chances of getting diseases from that is virtually nil.

If the pool you went to was kept clean, then I don't think you have to worry about diseases. Chlorinated water usually takes care of that, but there are a few strains that might get through. Its doubtful, though. It might get infected, though, because chlorine, PH levelers and whatever other chemicals in the pool might have irritated it.

Hopefully nothing happens, and you are good to go, but call her just in case. I personally would have waited at least a week to go swimming, just so it would heal over some.

Well I was about to. I talked to her and what not. Asked like 100 questions and she said it was ok. It was a friend's house and it was pretty clean. I also know it was chlorinated because I was sneezing like no other. It looks gross.

Yeah, anti-bacterial ointment and band-aid would probably benefit you. It might not get infected from the pool, but there are a lot of airborne pathogens out there.

i would bitch out your Doctor. she should know better than saying one week is fine. it might have been but really unless you are like superman or something you will not fully heal in one weak and stitches never do well in water any ways. keep it covered up put some neosporin on it and go ask you doctor wtf is yo problemz ho. if you get a disease threaten your doctor. just to scare her. the pool is not where you will get a disease but more likely your towel or locker room. keep it covered up though.

Back
Top Bottom