wow pwnage internet speed

I'm jealous.. takes me a year to load up a single page on my schools connection, I did a speed test and it had like 20 down but 400 up... WTF mann, my school doesnt even upload anything whats the point of having that. Really frustrating wheN I try to load Computerforums.org... plus CF is the onlything that isn't blocked by websense... EVEN yahoo.com is blocked.. not to mention If i search for anything politics it blocks it.

The download speed appears as that because far far more people are sharing the download, and nobody is using the upload. These tests don't show your connection speed, but simply how fast your connection can run in the circumstances.

The download speed appears as that because far far more people are sharing the download, and nobody is using the upload. These tests don't show your connection speed, but simply how fast your connection can run in the circumstances.

That explains alot.. =( but stupid websense is my worst enemy... just about every website is blocked except for the school site and IC3 Certification site.. .and CF...

That explains alot.. =( but stupid websense is my worst enemy... just about every website is blocked except for the school site and IC3 Certification site.. .and CF...

cantstopme.org i think... or is it cantstopme.net? use it to get thru the blocks
its cantstopme.com but its not working currently

My school has just about everything blocked. People just find new proxies when they block other proxies though... We got an ok connection at my school for how many computers we have in the school. Plus the ISP is about a mile away from the school... Network was down this morning because the internet site blocker thing malfunctioned and took the network and just about every system with it. We could log on and get on some of the network, but we couldn't open a single program on the LOCAL HDD... :confused: We got some moronic network techs or something... So I wanted to get something accomplished in class today, but nothing would open at all except windows explorer, and errors just kept popping up on the screen...

Here's a glitch that came up on my comp a couple times... Wish it was true, it's actually 200Mbps realistically.

the college my brother goes to was getting over 3 megabytes a second when downloading some file he wanted from microsoft.

I think we get about 3mbs down at ours. When I download stuff every once in a while, I can get up to 300 sometimes, but I think I did a speed test and got 3000 or so, but maybe it was more like 1500. But it works fairly well.

I think we get about 3mbs down at ours. When I download stuff every once in a while, I can get up to 300 sometimes, but I think I did a speed test and got 3000 or so, but maybe it was more like 1500. But it works fairly well.

put units in your numbers because i have no clue what your talking about

300 what? 3000 what? 1500 what?

Back
Top Bottom