Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Wow Microsoft.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
Halo 2 was only for vista, although I believe that there is a patch available....
A patch will be a dream come true.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Windows can run games?

0.o

:P

anyway, ive got MW2 and Halo 2/3 on here (7 x64) works fine. its not the best (onboard graphics ftw right? RIGHT?) but it works.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
Don't punch a hole in your wall.

Get a small fast hard drive with enough space for XP Pro and a few applications/drivers and dual boot.

Problem solved minus a wall with a crevice!

Both options will probably cost the same assuming you already have XP.
Sadly, the only XP I have is an older recovery disk from a different computer, and I'm 99.999999% certain that I won't have XP if I pop the recovery disk onto my computer.
I was considering XP for a while now. With 1tb total disk space, I still have plenty of room. Now, seeing is that I had already dual-booted with Ubuntu, I'm just wondering if it's possible / practical to triple boot, having Win7, XP, AND Ubuntu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
Windows can run games?

0.o

:P

anyway, ive got MW2 and Halo 2/3 on here (7 x64) works fine. its not the best (onboard graphics ftw right? RIGHT?) but it works.
Are you saying you have Halo 2 working on 7? Or were you implying that you miraculously aquired a PC version of Halo 3?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalOverlord76 View Post
Sadly, the only XP I have is an older recovery disk from a different computer, and I'm 99.999999% certain that I won't have XP if I pop the recovery disk onto my computer.
I was considering XP for a while now. With 1tb total disk space, I still have plenty of room. Now, seeing is that I had already dual-booted with Ubuntu, I'm just wondering if it's possible / practical to triple boot, having Win7, XP, AND Ubuntu?

Are you saying you have Halo 2 working on 7? Or were you implying that you miraculously aquired a PC version of Halo 3?
i cant remember where i installed it or which one it is 0.o

but i know i have a halo on here somewhere. time to clear out my harddrive again.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
i cant remember where i installed it or which one it is 0.o

but i know i have a halo on here somewhere. time to clear out my harddrive again.
Halo 1 and 2 were released for the PC/Vista and XBox. Halo 3 was released for the 360, though I think it should have been a PC release also.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

its 1 or 2 or both then. lol. got way to many games, so many that i had to recycle half the cases 'cus i cant store them anywhere. Anyway, on topic, if i found a way to work 'em you can lad. im hardly clever.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectionZero View Post
Yea there's something wrong with 7... I can't play Modern Warfare 2 on x64 Windows 7. And that's just wrong!
I can.
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

I googled the issue, and tried a few things, downloading the Games for Windows Live and, nothing changed. Wikipedia explains that there is in fact a patch to remove the Windows Vista restriction. I couldn't find anything on Google yet, but has anyone else experienced the same issue with Halo 2? Where would you recommend I go to to find this patch?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

What is Halo? Sounds interesting.
What is Steam?
Age of Empires II has poor landscape graphics on 7. Tried all different compatibility modes and options. Have to dual-boot XP to run it right. Maybe it's because of low graphics memory, though I made 7 look like Win2000 just to try. And I have 256 MB VRAM. Runs OK in a VirtualBox installation of XP. Just not as fast.
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Google is your friend. You'll get a better answer that way.