Wow.. Just.. Wow.

vampist

Fully Optimized
So I attempted to help a friend out with getting files from torrents.

I walk.. CRAWLED them through the process. Downloading the program, searching for the files, making sure they are the right file type, etc, etc.

It just amazes me how absolutely computer stupid some people are!

She began to tell me that BitTorrent was giving her "viruses" because her computer was freezing up.
Take note that this is with in five minutes of downloading the program and only started to download some files.

I asked what she was doing, Itunes, Aim, Msn, Myspace, Facebook, windows media player, and all while running BitTorrent.

Why she had two music playing programs open at the same time? I have no idea.

I had to then explain to her that when your computer freezes up it doesn't always mean you have a "virus"..

You'd be surprised man. I deal with people like that here on a daily basis at EZ-PC.

Some people truly have NO idea what they're talking about.

Oh noes Computerforums.org gets White screens

I guess i better stay off taht website if i don't want my credit card number stolen

I walk.. CRAWLED them through the process. Downloading the program, searching for the files, making sure they are the right file type, etc, etc.

She began to tell me that BitTorrent was giving her "viruses" because her computer was freezing up.
Take note that this is with in five minutes of downloading the program and only started to download some files.

I asked what she was doing, Itunes, Aim, Msn, Myspace, Facebook, windows media player, and all while running BitTorrent.

I had to then explain to her that when your computer freezes up it doesn't always mean you have a "virus"..

There was a time when you were that way too. We all were. I can remember being in computer class in high school (1992 or so) and me having to be showed how to use a mouse and be told that when you run out of room on the mousepad that you just pick the mouse up and move it over.

None of us did when we were first starting out and learning.

True, but I didn't act like I did. I get people in there that actually try and tell me how to fix their computer.

Actual conversation..

"Sir, your harddrive has failed which is why your computer is not booting."
"Wipe out the virus, that's what I did before."
"Sir, I'm sorry but that won't fix the problem, your harddrive has mechanically failed."
"I know you can fix the harddrive, so do it. I did it before."
"Sir, I cannot fix the drive unless it is replaced entirely, it has failed beyond my repair."
"Goddamnit, you people are a rip-off. If you won't be honest about fixing my computer, then I'll fix it myself."
"Ok sir, it's ready for pickup."

And guess what, 2 days later, he called me back and wanted it fixed. :D

Point is, there's a lot of folks out there who THINK they know what they're talking about and express that. Most of us waited until we really knew ;)

I learned how to torrent myself, I just downloaded a recommended program, clicked on something, and it started DL'ing. Nobody helped me, after I learned, I taught everybody I knew.

I open up Zune and iTunes at the same time sometimes. I listen to music on iTunes (stored playlist), and sync my Zune with Zune software.

So? If I started talking about quantum mechanics you would be clueless too. Get off your high horse. Just because you know a few things doesn't mean you need to insult others.

Back
Top Bottom