Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default wow i got hacked....

well my friend sent me a file that he thought was only a program that was gonna make meatspin pop up on my ie, which it does, but it was a keylogger, the guy that made it has all my stuff, my passwords all my cd-keyes, including my windows key what can i possibly do????

edit, i already deleted the keylogger

Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: wow i got hacked....

Umm I would suggest changing your passwords and contacting any banking accounts you have stored as well as your shopping accounts.

For the most part he shouldn't be able to do much even if he has your account. I noticed when I ordered something off amazon but had it sent to a new address I had to re verify all my credit card info.

That does suck though man hopefully you can get things changed around before he does any damage.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

well the thing is i dident have anything saved such as banking info or passwords so there's nothing thats really wrong on that case but what can he do i changed my passwords for all the things i really could think about. i was only one to use my computer after this program was ran so i think im good but if there is anything sent to his adress from anything such as bank account or anything then he's going to have a cop on his doorstep telling him he's being sued..... i got big lawer conections....

edit- i keep on delted the program that did it and found the process and everything but everytime i restart it re-apears!! how can i completly get rid of it????
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

try hijack this
might have created lots of things in the registry
Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

You know in your situation it might be good to rip everything that you need onto an external and just format your computer, that's what I would do anyway when facing a virus of that magnitude.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Quote:
You know in your situation it might be good to rip everything that you need onto an external and just format your computer, that's what I would do anyway when facing a virus of that magnitude.
I Had a similar problem,for peace of minds sake,i reinstalled windows.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
xxcobraxx

id go round and smash that wan888ers head in man
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Daemon Poster

i wouldnt of downloaded the file in the first place just because the guy said it was safe doesnt mean it was.
ilovepcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

How long was the keylogger on your pc and how would he have gotten your windows cd key? A keylogger records everything you type, so unless you typed that in, he wouldn't have your cd key.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getignited114 View Post
well my friend sent me a file that he thought was only a program that was gonna make meatspin pop up on my ie, which it does, but it was a keylogger, the guy that made it has all my stuff, my passwords all my cd-keyes, including my windows key what can i possibly do????

edit, i already deleted the keylogger
I'd just run the same thing he ran so you have a good idea of what he got.

Basically, windows password, windows & office product keys, IE passwords, quite likely firefox passwords, wireless password, anything stored as an LSA secret, outlook express passwords, Thunderbird passwords.

There's utility's out that that dump & save / email / FTP information about users computers. Their quite common and this seems what the OP would have ran. Very likely combined with a key logger as well.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote