Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: wow...how low can you go

AT&T is run by a bunch of nationlist that believe this country can do no wrong. Now I respect companies like google and stuff for basically telling the gov "STFU and go away"

Not all companies do this, some do, some don't really largely depends.

Expect it to happen more, and more. Poeple feel the internet is "safe" but very few poeple are actually safe. I always suspect i'm being watched or someone has the ability to watch what I am doing. It don't brother me.

When my frfiend and me were agruing about Bush's spying problems he went do you really want bush to know what your doing online! And I went no not really, but then again I really don't give a shit.

I believe that some of this spying is actually going help catch criminials the FBI uses it a lot to catch child rapers, is that such a bad thing?

Old 07-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
AT&T is run by a bunch of nationlist that believe this country can do no wrong. Now I respect companies like google and stuff for basically telling the gov "STFU and go away"

Not all companies do this, some do, some don't really largely depends.

Expect it to happen more, and more. Poeple feel the internet is "safe" but very few poeple are actually safe. I always suspect i'm being watched or someone has the ability to watch what I am doing. It don't brother me.

When my frfiend and me were agruing about Bush's spying problems he went do you really want bush to know what your doing online! And I went no not really, but then again I really don't give a shit.

I believe that some of this spying is actually going help catch criminials the FBI uses it a lot to catch child rapers, is that such a bad thing?
Yeah, thats a good point... I guess it will be good in that way, but still... to know that your ISP is monitoring the network.... aaaah..

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

hmm, guess i cant look up plans for world domination on the internet anymore...

what happens if someone in canada looks up on a website based in amsterdamm how to grow marijuana illegaly, and purchases information, supplies, and tools from overseas for the growing (illegal growing of marijuana in canada is quite a dillema). what kind of legal liability if any does the website that provided the information and products hold. It knew people from other countries were accesing the information and buying the products. yet since under the laws of Amsterdamm they have done nothing wrong, what kind of legal liabilty do they hold for selling the information to people who lived in countries where growing marijuana was illegal.

of course thats merely a fictional scenario with many flaws, but you can get the jist of my point. i guess what im trying to say is...

What necesarily gives the government the right to do this? The internet isn't owned or facilitated by anyone government or nation, its a universal entity. If a group is to reside over a communications network, doesn't it make much more sense legally and logically that a group representative of more then one country hold any ability to preside over something as vast as the internet? I say this is Canada's way of enacting a series of precedents that will allow it to force its legislation on countries with differing statutes.

Damm you Canada and your never ending quest for world domination...

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

I hate it when this sort of crap happens.

Testament - Low <-- fits perfectly.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Honsetly I don't feel the gov is going to use this resource to bust druggies that research growing drugs. I think they are more or less looking along the lines of "i want to blow this country up (insert lots of details wich make it look serious)

I don't think you can truly imagine how much DATA comes through even advanced filters would have a hard time picking the stuff out. I wouldn't worry about it, as low as it goes, it doesn't brother me.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

^^^
I'd really set off the filters, as I always talk about how much I wish steven harper was dead.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorredbeard
hmm, guess i cant look up plans for world domination on the internet anymore...

what happens if someone in canada looks up on a website based in amsterdamm how to grow marijuana illegaly, and purchases information, supplies, and tools from overseas for the growing (illegal growing of marijuana in canada is quite a dillema). what kind of legal liability if any does the website that provided the information and products hold. It knew people from other countries were accesing the information and buying the products. yet since under the laws of Amsterdamm they have done nothing wrong, what kind of legal liabilty do they hold for selling the information to people who lived in countries where growing marijuana was illegal.

of course thats merely a fictional scenario with many flaws, but you can get the jist of my point. i guess what im trying to say is...

What necesarily gives the government the right to do this? The internet isn't owned or facilitated by anyone government or nation, its a universal entity. If a group is to reside over a communications network, doesn't it make much more sense legally and logically that a group representative of more then one country hold any ability to preside over something as vast as the internet? I say this is Canada's way of enacting a series of precedents that will allow it to force its legislation on countries with differing statutes.

Damm you Canada and your never ending quest for world domination...
No, its the US that is going for world domination.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote