wow false advertising much??

eapro said:
Dudes, I'm afraid you are all confused. This system uses dual-processors (NOT a single dual-core) processor. So therefore Jenox this system can process at 5.6GHz.

That's my guess anyway; I could be wrong.

No, it's still 2.8GHz per CPU. All multi-CPU does is increase computation, not the actual frequency. And that's what they're advertising, they're advertising a system that computes at 5.6Ghz, which is false, the system operates at 2.8GHz x 2 CPUs, which each have an independent frequency of 2.8GHz.

I think what they mean to say is flops, not gigahertz. Gigahertz is the frequency per CPU, however, with 2 CPUs, you double the flop rate, but not the actual frequency of the processors. Flop rate is how much data you compute per second. Example, 5Gflop/s, with two CPUs on a motherboard, you double the flop rate, but each processor still runs at 2.8GHz.

So they're wrong that it's 2.8GHz x 2 = 5.6Ghz. It should read something like...

5Gflop/s x 2 @ 2.8GHz = 10Gflop/s @ 2.8GHz.

Data computation is doubled, but frequency is not. Hope that makes sense for you. :)

i see that all the time , it is kinda decieving people who dont know what they are going on about but then if i didnt know what i was on about i would get someone to come with me to buy the computer

You guys are wrong. Dual core CPUs and their speed CANNOT be combined. It's the CPU rule of thumbs. Don't ask why not. It's like that they are made. It's 2.8+2.8. It'll process at the same speeds, it just will do more than a regular CPU. A 5.6GHZ CPU can't be beaten by those. You need a higher FSB and matching clock ratios...and the luck to not melt the pins.

i called em today, and the guy was understanding, but he said that they know that you will not acheive 5.6 ghz for one task, and the reason they put it like that so computer retarded ppl can understand it better :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom