Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
In Runtime
Default Re: Wow?

Screw paying for monthly costs PLUS the cost for the game.

I'll stick to playing FF12.

How many brothas fell victim to tha streetz
Rest in peace young nigga, there's a Heaven for a 'G'
be a lie, If I told ya that I never thought of death
but life goes on.....
hippie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
Baseband Member
Send a message via MSN to masterprime

well I play it and it's a good game alot of my friends play as well, and if you think about the paying to play a game online it's about 50cents a day witch isn't that bad. but I can't understand why most of you don't play. I use to be the same way

-A8N-SLI SE//AMD 64 x2 4800+//2x 1GB Apcer DDR400//2x Asus 7900GT 256MB//WD 74GB RAPTOR 10K 8MB SATA//WD 320GB 7200 8mb SATA3G//Antec P180B Super Mid Tower//OCZ Game Xstream 700W SLI Power Supply
masterprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^

I've played it before, but i just don't have enough time to play it, i didn't like it cuz it wasn't my style of game. I'm always busy with my business and online business so i don't have much time to play games.
^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to BGates14

The thing you can look at to get around the whole $15 a month thing is. Say you use a consol, like PS2/3 or Xbox, you get a game and most likely you will get atleast 1 new game a month, a new game is about $50, you're already spending more than that $15 a month for a new game, only the game you pay for is an ongoing game. Thats my example to people who called me an idiot for paying it in school.
| AMD 64 x2 5200+ | Asus CrossHair | 4GB Corsair (4 x 1GB | Western Digital 160GB SATA | OCZ GameXtream 700w | eVGA GeForce 8800TX | CoolerMaster Stacker SSN2 |

BGates14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

FPS for me.
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
Solid State Member

I dont play it:
1. i refuse to pay monthly for a game
2. MMORPG's dont entertain me for long
3. I hate when my friends would rather stay at home to play that game instead of hanging out with people
MondayHopscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

I love playing it.. I also play FPS's.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

I agree with Hopscotch. A stupid video game should NEVER interfere with your social life..
Yet in WoW there are too many times you can't just leave the game when you want. In an FPS, if you need to leave, you can, no sweat, nobody will get butt hurt.

Playing WoW is like paying to have your life restricted to a stupid video game if you ask me.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

its not a great game at all. silk road's graphics are btr and its free. and for wow ther is a monthly fee.
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #20
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr

I play it, it's actually really fun. I make enough money that paying the monthly fee doesn't bother me. I spend $30 every two months. But when I really think about it, it has saved me money because before I started playing I would buy a new game every month or two, usually, and that would be $40 to $50. Since I have started playing I haven't bought another game.

I actually haven't played it in about three weeks. I just started to get back into CSS.

The best part about WOW is definantly the people. They are everywhere and if you get into a good guild it is awesome. The cool thing about paying for it is they are always updating it so like at Christmas time they updated it so that there were Christmas lights on all of the buildings in the city and there were Christmas trees and a Santa that was giving away presents. You could also buy snowballs which you could throw at people so randomly there would be massive snowball fights in the middle of the city. It's the small things like that that make the game enjoyable.

People keep saying that it takes over your life but I play it and enjoy it a lot but I still go out with my friends almost every weekend.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Core, MSI K8N Neo-4, 2x 512 Corsair Dual Channel, Nvidia Geforce fx 6600 256MB, 160GB HardDrive

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote