Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Wow.

I always wear a seat belt as well. I don't drive 5 feet without putting it on. Even to move the car, I always click it out of habit. But to me it's a good habit. I just hope I never get in a situation where I would be better off not wearing it.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #22
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev0115
Its not illegal to not wear a seat belt, in the back seat..
Correct, but in England there are moves afoot to make it so, here, taxi drivers needn't wear them, but passengers must, which to me is ridiculous, what if the driver was involved in an RTA, & was injured, & knocked unconcious through not wearing a seatbelt, the taxi could go out of control on a motorway say, cross the central reservation & kill everybody on board,

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Correct, but in England there are moves afoot to make it so, here, taxi drivers needn't wear them, but passengers must, which to me is ridiculous, what if the driver was involved in an RTA, & was injured, & knocked unconcious through not wearing a seatbelt, the taxi could go out of control on a motorway say, cross the central reservation & kill everybody on board,
I agree with you that is stupid. Because if you get hit in the frontend of the taxi, you might be safe, but I would feel for the taxi driver getting mauled by the airbag. To me if someone was allowed not to wear a seatbelt, it should be the passenger, because they have the seat in front of them to cushion their blow. But that's just me.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jon. Send a message via Yahoo to Jon.

Quote:
what happened to the dude that crashed into you?
She was a total B**ch, it was her fault, and when she got out of the car, she didn't even ask if everyone was alright. And then she got on the phone calling someone, to pick her up or something, and she was talking in Spanish but she didn't know two of us could speak Spanish, and she was bashing us, calling us brats, little shits etc...

Luckily the cop was cool.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Glad to see your OK, not alot of people would survive that.

And, I am sorry to hear your tragic loss ~mr mixx~, how long ago was that?
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #26
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
is over here.......

i will always wear a seatbelt. i never drive anywhere without one on.
Same here, it's an automatic reflex now, my car, an Audi A4, wasn't cheap, but what I'd like to have, as standard is that the car couldn't be started unless you were wearing your seat belt, mine tells me a lot of things like, a door or the hatch isn't closed securely, the outside temperature, with a gong if it's 2c, the 8 airbags are online, etc, etc, but not the seatbelt thing!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:35 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
In a few rare cases not wearing one can save your life. But 95% of the time it saves you, I suggest wearing it even though I normally don't.

Friend was in a car crash where his car caught on fire, paramedics said if he would had his seatbelt on, he'd of burned to death.

Good to see that you are ok still.
Not really the seatbelt prevents you from not fainting during the hit.
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #28
Golden Master

I've had several accidents in 30 years of motoring, someone slammed into the side, causing major damage, another time, a driver sideswiped me, practically tearing both nearside doors off, then there's several rear-end shunts, all needing repairs, yes my years of motoring have been very eventful, but luckily I came through unscathed, not even whiplash, but the side impact left me shaking, the first thing I looked round & saw was the guy staring at me in shock, his car still buried in mine, which was in a ditch, oh, & there was a time where one side of my front suspension collapsed, & I screeched to a standstill, having dug a deep furrow in the tarmac, now that shook me up, as I had to fight to keep the car in line, & not plow into oncoming traffic.