Would you trust Newegg's open box?

But also keep in mind that even though you can return/refund. If something is wrong, then it would take you longer to enjoy what you are planning to get. So it is kind of a risk.
If it was me, I would only go for it if the price difference is good enough to justify the risk.

Just because an item comes in a sealed box doesn't mean its going to work. My last CPU was bought brand new and came DOA.

I buy everything new electronic wise just because the warranty and return policies are generally better. If there was a huge savings on something I wanted I'd probably do something that was open box.

I bought the CPU for my current rig open box from Newegg. The L2 cache seems to have problems for some reason but I think it is because of AMD, not Newegg.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;913907 said:
Just because an item comes in a sealed box doesn't mean its going to work. My last CPU was bought brand new and came DOA.

I know, but usually theres a reason why its an open box. But its usually because of incompatibility, but who knows what the previous buyer did. Newegg might check for defects and stuff, but I think most of the time, they just put it in to see if it works.

i decided that i should just spend the money so i bought this: BFG 9600GT

i kinda think i got a good deal on it. but its the cheapest of all the 9600gt's avaliable so im alittle skeptical on how effiective the card will be in overclocking (and quailty in general).. How is bfg as a company? are they as good as Asus or EVGA?

Well i guess the 9600 gt i bough has the 55nm (verison b) verison of the G94 die? i didnt know nvidia used 55nm, but hey whatever works :D

Back
Top Bottom