Would you be satisfied if your computer or device lasted for five years?

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
For me the answer is yes due to changing technology. If the computer cost $1,000, that's like spending $200 a year which is very affordable. And you?

Same with me, I used my dad's old computer and its 8 years old and still going. It works quite well and can still play games like WoW. At the time he paid over £800 for it.

Soon I'm buying a new computer. Over £700 and I'm hoping this one will last.

I have a HP lappy that is a media lappy that is 7 years old. Cost 600 dollars new.
Still works like the day I bought it. I take extra good care of my goodies.

I have a HP lappy that is a media lappy that is 7 years old. Cost 600 dollars new.
Still works like the day I bought it. I take extra good care of my goodies.

Wow, what are the specs of that? I thought I was doing well with my 4 year old Dell Inspiron 1525. Glad it's still working!

I have a Acer Aspire SA85 that I have had for last 5 years, It has had a few problems but have managed to fix them.

I have a Acer Aspire SA85 that I have had for last 5 years, It has had a few problems but have managed to fix them.

My Dell had a few problems too, I got a bit worn out over the years so it was completed re-housed, it also had an extra 1GB of RAM fitted and a newer, faster and bigger hard drive. What were the problems on your Acer?

OS problems, Was running out space on the hard drive so a new one was bought, Needed a ram upgraded and a graphics card. I am not very keen on Dell..

Hi folks. This will be the Meta Camel's first post.

I have an AMD Athlon +1700 processor desktop computer with 4gigs of RAM and a glorified 80 Gigabyte hard drive. It doesn't even have a modem(no graphics card, either). All in all, though, its a great workhorse for editing SGF files, typesetting, math calculations, playing music, NetHack, and just all around goofing off and hijinks.

Though, to answer your questions, she's lasted waay more than five years. I am quite satisfied. :)
Total Price: Just under $300 dollars.

I do wish she had a modem, though...(mutter, mutter...)

I do wish she had a modem, though...(mutter, mutter...)

Do you mean network card? I can't imagine why you would want your PC in this day and age to have a modem?

Yeah i think almost all PCs and laptops will last 5 years nowa days however your definition of "last" is personal judgement.

Like many of the people here i have machines 5 years and over while they have technically lasted and they will still do most tasks naturally you find yourself waiting alot more than if you were on a modern day build.

That being said i'm running photoshop cs5, visual studio 2010, SQL Server 2012, Reason V5, Fruity Loops 10 on my old e2160 with 2Gb RAM. . . . .. but yes i do have to wait around alot some times.

Back
Top Bottom