Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: World Of Warcraft Thread!!!

I have lvl 70 Troll Hunter DD I love that guy! Just gat my flying mount about 3 days ago woot!!! I play on Sergeres server. The 2.4 patch really messed things up 4 us, all hunters are complaining, people say there will be lots of changes with the new expansion due late this year, we will see. Il post pics later.

I didn’t get a chance to check it et, but is it true that epic flying mounts are now 2500g instead of 5000g?

- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #22
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Delux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool View Post
I have lvl 70 Troll Hunter DD I love that guy! Just gat my flying mount about 3 days ago woot!!! I play on Sergeres server. The 2.4 patch really messed things up 4 us, all hunters are complaining, people say there will be lots of changes with the new expansion due late this year, we will see. Il post pics later.

I didnt get a chance to check it et, but is it true that epic flying mounts are now 2500g instead of 5000g?
im not sure man, but ill check for you, hold on

Edit

no they are still 5000G

Delux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #23
In Runtime

hey guys, i was wondering, if anyone had any tips on being a fury gnome warrior
Old 03-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #24
In Runtime

reroll horde
TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

I've never played WOW before. In some way i'm rather curious what the game is even about as I seem to skip over it anytime I see it in a catalog but I always see people talking about it.

So from what I gather you create a character and walk around a huge world interacting with people. Can you kill each other? If you die do you have to start back over?

I'm just curious I may check it out some time just to see what the hype is on this game.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #26
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩H♠H䎀 View Post
I've never played WOW before. In some way i'm rather curious what the game is even about as I seem to skip over it anytime I see it in a catalog but I always see people talking about it.

So from what I gather you create a character and walk around a huge world interacting with people. Can you kill each other? If you die do you have to start back over?

I'm just curious I may check it out some time just to see what the hype is on this game.
yes you are aloud to kill eachother, but thats in arena, pvp or duel, when you do die you are sent to the graveyard as a spirit, and have to go bak to your body and revive it, also it is a war between the horde, and alliance both sides have their own islan, you can invade the teams islan, but watch out as otherplayers can gang up on you
Old 03-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #27
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
I would play but my dad wont pay the $15 dollars.
Your dad is saving your life
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #28
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ View Post

Alright well in a world known as Azeroth, you have 2 factions: The Alliance and the Horde, both with 5 races each and there's 9 combat classes to choose from. Every player can choose 2 from 10 primary professions and then a few secondary professions.

Horde Races: Undead, Tauren, Orcs, Blood Elves & Trolls.

Alliance Races: Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes & Draenei.

Classes: Druids, Hunters, Mages, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks & Warriors.

Primary Professions:
Mining, Smithing, Engineering, Enchanting, Alchemy, Herbalism, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Skinning & Tailoring.

Secondary Professions: Fishing, Cooking & First-Aid.

However not 100% of the classes are available to each race.

There's 2 different kinds of realms: 'Player versus Player' and 'Player versus Environment'. Both have Battlegrounds which is a regular match between players from both factions with different types of gameplay depending on the venue you go to and what level range you're eligible for.

There's capture the flag, domination or team deathmatch in BG but only PvP realms have the ability to fight an enemy player of any level in any friendly or contested territory outside of organized PvP games. Where as PvE players may only fight a player of the opposing faction if both players manually flag themselves for PvP combat, which rarely happens. I definitely prefer PvP because it's more realistic, suits the storyline, and it really adds to the game.

Then there are basic PvP duels which is when a player challenges another and they fight until one is left at 1hp and kneels at the victor. I haven't seen someone killed during a duel but I think it is possible if you're unlucky. I haven't tried fighting in the Arena games yet but my understanding of it is it's basically a team orientated duel in a controlled situation which can vary in sizes: 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 members etc.

Battleground games reward you with tokens and honor points, both can be spent at a particular vendor in exchange for equipment rewards but the most popular among higher level players is mainly the honor which you gain from most PvP combat.

Death in World of Warcraft doesn't have much of a consequence. If you were killed by a computer controlled enemy then the equipment you were wearing suffers some durability loss which is easily repaired but if repetitively damaged, the equipment can become useless until repaired.

If you were killed by a player controlled enemy then you don't suffer any durability loss and it's basically just for bonus honor points and of course fighting to dominate resources in Arathi Basin, defending the flag bearer in Warsong Gulch or taking down as many people as you can in Alterac Valley.

I hope that helped.

I'm a level 49 Undead Warrior and I'm fair addicted, I'm behind in all of my classes!
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #29
In Runtime

lmao llok what happened when i was playing wow yesterday, stupid freaken 2.4 patch

Old 04-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #30
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

2.4.1 came out today. Hopefully bug fixes for you guys. I still haven't experienced a problem with 2.4.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote