World of Warcraft question.

hemp

Daemon Poster
If i want to put WoW on another one of my computers but don't want to have to install it, can i copy my Wow folder from this comp, put it on a flash drive and put it on my other computer?

If i want to put WoW on another one of my computers but don't want to have to install it, can i copy my Wow folder from this comp, put it on a flash drive and put it on my other computer?

I doubt it. When you install a game, there are changes that happen to the registry and such, I believe. It's just the way it is.

I'm pretty sure installs are specific to the computer you install it on. Hardware probably playing the most important role.

You can go to the WoW website on your other computer, sign in and proceed to download the game client anytime you wish. It is stored on your account along with all of the expansion packs that you have bought.

Simply download the client if you wish.

You can go to the WoW website on your other computer, sign in and proceed to download the game client anytime you wish. It is stored on your account along with all of the expansion packs that you have bought.

Simply download the client if you wish.

so basically your saying, that i can use my friends account and login to the WoW web, download the client+use the expansions he has and make a new account and start playing without having to purchase the game?

so basically your saying, that i can use my friends account and login to the WoW web, download the client+use the expansions he has and make a new account and start playing without having to purchase the game?

Yup, but you can't create an account that will be playable without the CD keys. Thus, you will have to buy the games in order to have the CD keys.

Once you buy the game or any of the expansions, it "binds" to your account.

Back
Top Bottom