World of Warcraft help?

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
Hey guys... I wanted to talk to someone with the experiance of playing MMORPGs. I am a HUGE Warcraft fan and I have played the free 14 day trial that came with the Warcraft III Battle chest (A set of games containing Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne expansion) and I was thinking of getting World of Warcraft. The only problem is that I know very little about the stuff... so I have a few questions for those of you who are World of Warcraft experts:

1) How many characters are you allowed to have?

2) Do more characters influence the ammount you pay?

3) I want to keep it simple and try and stick with one character, but I can't decide which is coolest: Night Elf or Forsaken?

4) Do boss fights really last 10 hours?

5) If you buy the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expancions, do you need to pay for all 3 games?

6) How much DO you pay per month?

7) What is Death Knight? Is it better than the Forsaken and Night Elf?

8) In any way, can you give your character armor and a sword that will make him look like the Lich King?

9) Can Warriors cast any form of magic?

10) What about Death Knights? (Whatever that is)

11) Is your character able to obtain wings and look like Illidan? (I doubt it)

Well, that's all I have...

Hey guys... I wanted to talk to someone with the experiance of playing MMORPGs. I am a HUGE Warcraft fan and I have played the free 14 day trial that came with the Warcraft III Battle chest (A set of games containing Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne expansion) and I was thinking of getting World of Warcraft. The only problem is that I know very little about the stuff... so I have a few questions for those of you who are World of Warcraft experts:

1) How many characters are you allowed to have?

2) Do more characters influence the ammount you pay?

3) I want to keep it simple and try and stick with one character, but I can't decide which is coolest: Night Elf or Forsaken?

4) Do boss fights really last 10 hours?

5) If you buy the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expancions, do you need to pay for all 3 games?

6) How much DO you pay per month?

7) What is Death Knight? Is it better than the Forsaken and Night Elf?

8) In any way, can you give your character armor and a sword that will make him look like the Lich King?

9) Can Warriors cast any form of magic?

10) What about Death Knights? (Whatever that is)

11) Is your character able to obtain wings and look like Illidan? (I doubt it)

Well, that's all I have...

Only you Roger. :rolleyes:

You can make up to 50 toons on in all. A max of 10 toons per realm/server

Yes the more you have the more you want to play and level them and learn to play your class.

NE are fun to play and they have shadowmeld which helps you in dungeons.

I personally have never had a boss fight for more than 7 minutes

When you upgrade wow its like in diablo 2. You play the expansion and not the original it adds on. So if you do go to WOTLK you will only be playing that.

You pay $15 per month

Death Knigh is like a pally or druid, its just a type of toon. I would say try out humans because they easiest to learn to play woW with.

I have no idea about making him look like that

"magic" is a very broad term in the game. Warriors have rage and can cast different attacks that could be considered magic by some.

DK have runic power and can cast spells and melee attacks

You can get flying mounts at level 70 but soon to be 60 and no you can't look like him haha

Ok.

1. 50 toons total.
2. Not at all. Focus on 1 main though.
3. Undead (Forsaken). Horde is win. Depends if you have friends playing tho.
4. No, WoW is on easy mode now.
5. WoW and Burning Crusade are boxed together now, Wrath is still on its own, they all get merged onto 1 account tho.
6. 14.99 I believe (in Canada at least). Time cards are available for retail purchase.
7. Death Knight is a class of character. There's factions, races and classes. http://www.wowwiki.com, read up!
8. Kind of yes. That's not really important tho. You're months away from good gear. Good Luck!
9. Yes and no, define 'magic'. But not really.
10. Death Knights are a class that you have to have a level 55 (last i played i think) or greater character to be able to start one, and they start at level 55.
11. No, you can get a flying mount though. If you want wings, play Aion.

Check out Wowwiki and I wouldnt post on the WoW forums, they would tear you apart. :p

You can make up to 50 toons on in all. A max of 10 toons per realm/server

Yes the more you have the more you want to play and level them and learn to play your class.

NE are fun to play and they have shadowmeld which helps you in dungeons.

I personally have never had a boss fight for more than 7 minutes

When you upgrade wow its like in diablo 2. You play the expansion and not the original it adds on. So if you do go to WOTLK you will only be playing that.

You pay $15 per month

Death Knigh is like a pally or druid, its just a type of toon. I would say try out humans because they easiest to learn to play woW with.

I have no idea about making him look like that

"magic" is a very broad term in the game. Warriors have rage and can cast different attacks that could be considered magic by some.

DK have runic power and can cast spells and melee attacks

You can get flying mounts at level 70 but soon to be 60 and no you can't look like him haha

LOL Thanks ^^ This helps a lot

Ok.

1. 50 toons total.
2. Not at all. Focus on 1 main though.
3. Undead (Forsaken). Horde is win. Depends if you have friends playing tho.
4. No, WoW is on easy mode now.
5. WoW and Burning Crusade are boxed together now, Wrath is still on its own, they all get merged onto 1 account tho.
6. 14.99 I believe (in Canada at least). Time cards are available for retail purchase.
7. Death Knight is a class of character. There's factions, races and classes. http://www.wowwiki.com, read up!
8. Kind of yes. That's not really important tho. You're months away from good gear. Good Luck!
9. Yes and no, define 'magic'. But not really.
10. Death Knights are a class that you have to have a level 50 (last i played i think) or greater character to be able to start one, and they start at level 55 i think?
11. No, you can get a flying mount though. If you want wings, play Aion.

Check out Wowwiki and I wouldnt post on the WoW forums, they would tear you apart. :p

Sweet! Thanks! ^^

Yes only me... Anything involving RPGs consume my life :p

WoW might kill you then. While installing and updating, gather lots of food and drinks, and figure out some way to go to the washroom. You're not going outside or sleeping this weekend. :D

WoW might kill you then. While installing and updating, gather lots of food and drinks, and figure out some way to go to the washroom. You're not going outside or sleeping this weekend. :D

Final Fantasy already consumed me once... But I am up to the challenge of being eaten by WoW :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom