Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default Re: World Of Warcraft

Quick question, is there any difference between WoW and WoWIII with the Dota (or whatever is called) mod?
People told me that if I wanted to play WoW but don't want to pay monthly, just get WoWIII and use the Dota mod to play online for free. Most of my friends seem to play Dota.

Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Golden Master

cant you just play WOW on free servers, but u'd end up playing by urself...

basically you just play wow by yourself unless u have others on your network. Kinda like LANing your WoW server.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Matt, want to start a new character with me? If you send me an invite, we will get triple XP as long as we are in a party.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
Golden Master

World of Warcraft is quite possibly the most boring game ever - either that or my attention span has deteriorated more than I thought.

When I played casually a bit (tried out a few different characters, parts of the world, etc), I played on private servers. Wowscape, I think. I tried a trial on the Blizzard servers once, it was much better with more people playing but I liked the high-rate (ADD much ) xp of the private servers. Still wasn't enough to really keep me interested.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Matt, want to start a new character with me? If you send me an invite, we will get triple XP as long as we are in a party.
lol, u can still play with my lvl 13, u'd lvl fast if we played together.

Um on server Medivh
Old 11-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

I'm going to send you my e-mail in a private message.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #17
In Runtime

I'm sure you guys have already heard this but it's a very addictive time suck. I've played for almost 4 years off and on mostly during the winter seasons.

Don't get me wrong I love this game but if you guys are at a point in your life where your trying to further yourself in something and get addicted to WoW like I was/am it'll hold you back.

I have 3 80's, a death knight, warrior and a druid.
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO | 4gb DDR3 GSkill | 550W Corsair power supply | AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1ghz(Unlocked 2 extra cores) | Sapphire 4870 512mb | 500gb Samsung |21.5" 1080p Hdmi Dell monitor| 21.6" Samsung monitor | RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WG | Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
CBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

I played for about 2 years. I started off on free private servers, but some friends talked me into the real thing. I played for about 2 months on the real thing and made it to lvl 56 (Undead Mage) and just completely stopped playing. To this day I don't know why.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroniclez06 View Post
I'm sure you guys have already heard this but it's a very addictive time suck. I've played for almost 4 years off and on mostly during the winter seasons.

Don't get me wrong I love this game but if you guys are at a point in your life where your trying to further yourself in something and get addicted to WoW like I was/am it'll hold you back.

I have 3 80's, a death knight, warrior and a druid.
pretty sure WoW will not cause me to lose my addiction of making money, and making money means my career so...lol.
and plus, i enjoy other things much more then WoW ever could.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
In Runtime

My husband wants to play WOW. Can he join you guys? He has played for about 9 months now but is willing to start a new character. What server name will you be using?

Larisa is offline   Reply With Quote