World of Warcraft

I heard a couple friends saying it was a couple gigs for their first time so would there be a few of those 600mb downloads at first?

I was actually about to create a similar thread until I saw this.

Does anybody here still play Warcraft 3? I stumbled onto it a couple weeks ago in a shop for half price which was $35 but I wish I got the Frozen Throne expansion cause it was $20 but I had to buy a new guitar lead instead...

I was born in '90 so I was too young for WarCraft 1 & 2 pretty much and #3 was a first for me but I'm really into the storyline now so it's making me think about playing WoW which is something I thought I'd never play. I would've thought I'd join the alliance because I like playing as humans but the other race I like is undead so I'd probably either be an undead warlock or warrior.

What file size were the patches, GlasseyeUK??

the patches are pretty big, the main updates are lke 3-400mb and the little updates are like 3 to 20mb

so big? it would be impossible to download those with mediocre internet without waiting for a very very long time.

so big? it would be impossible to download those with mediocre internet without waiting for a very very long time.

yeah that is true, why don't they incorporate those patches into the latest CDs??

I have like 5200kps down so it wouldn't be a problem for me but it's kinda inconvenient using up that much hard drive space anyway cause I'm still on an older computer. Will try it in the future though.

The first patch I downloaded was more then 600megs, it took nearly 4hrs...at speeds of 90kbs the rest were smaller taking less then a few seconds.....

I have to say that I am completely addicted to this game, have even booked some time off work next week to catch up with a couple of my mates....got to level 8 now....haha

Ok yes I am completely sad.............say goodbye girlfriend!!! (j/k)

The problem, is you think.....just one more level, or just one more quest...........before you know it, 3hrs is gone......

haha, I get that with WC3, the past 3 days I kept staying up til 6am and sleeping in til 4pm because I don't start school til next week and I'm working on this custom map I'm making. It's awesome, has a ridiculous number of units, something like 650 so far and it's Undead versus Humans... that and I'm still playing campaign...

Did you know about the World of Warcraft movie currently in development? I think WoW is set 4 years after WC3's expansion and this movie is set 1 year before WoW and from the alliance's perspective. It's budget is over $100mil and it's expected to be released in 2009.

ill sell someone the game world of warcraft 3 for 10 dollers plus shipping....if i can find it. i quit playing that after i beat it.

you could always start playing competitively.

Most certainly, all my friends can't remember the storyline or didn't play it much, they all use it for 'Defense of The Ancients' maps where as I'm really into the lore of Warcraft. I just lost in an Ebay auction on the expansion for a really good price!! oh well, I'm buying WoW soon but I have classes in a Multimedia certificate 3 course to focus on now, bad timing :(

I'm probably going to be either an Undead Warrior or a Blood Elf Warlock but I hear warriors are disadvantaged 1v1? I got alot to learn.

Has anyone else used the WC3 World Editor much? I'm still learning the basics of triggers but it's pretty fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom