World War III

Well lets think about that awhile. Every single person all over the world is only there to gain wealth and more power. It doesn't matter which leader it is that is their only aim. Putin and Trump are there for those very reasons. Putin is reported to be the wealthiest man on the planet. Trump has huge riches and if you look around the people that he puts around himself a lot of them are there to benefit from being around the POTUS. Now in times gone by it was worth starting wars to increase ones power and wealth. Now we have nuclear weapons. If a third world war did start nobody would win it despite what strategists say a war using nuclear weapons is unwinable. Those that do survive the nuclear blasts will eventually die of radiation sickness. You cannot hide from that unless you are prepared to live underground for hundreds of years because that is the decay rate of the materials used to make nuclear bombs. Clean nuclear, no such thing. Maybe some hair brained nutcase terrorist could start one. But as for Putin and Trump, I don't think so. Bottom line, what would be the point?

You don't know Putin, he has muscles for brains. After all he was a muscleman.

And when I hear news about Putin sending troops to the US with nuclear capabilities it's not to be scoffed at.

Also I heard it's really about the two pipelines going through Syria and one is going to Europe that will stabilize Russia's economy. I don't know about the other one.

It's all about money and oil and power. Why would anyone in their right mind want to destroy that. Even Putin and Trump, whilst I don't think either of them are mentally fit to govern, would destroy the very reasons they are there. I think you spend to much time on You Tube.:)

So it's all saber rattling and there was no chemical attacks.

WTH? Putin did not respond.

So it's all saber rattling and there was no chemical attacks.

WTH? Putin did not respond.

I believe there was a chemical attack. Putin can still respond, cyber attacks are being mentioned. This will test the mettle of so called anti virus software.

I don't know but you seem to be a couple of days behind in your postings.

Pfft, never going to happen.

The west isn't interested in a war. Putin likes the bravado and it helps him win elections. And NATO is second to no one, and completely dwarfs Russia, in military capability.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Besides, people are becoming more connected and, although it might not seem it at times, more tolerant and accepting of others. With that comes less desire to butcher each other.

100 years ago, well let's pick another number... 104 years ago people were excited to go to war with each other - to keep those huns in check, or to have another trafalga, etc etc etc. Only the most isolated nations have any real risk of going toe to toe with each other - and that's why I think the real risk to peace is not Russia etc, but a possible insular China and the rise of protectionism and extreme nationalism.

People have to keep talking... we keep that up, and they'll be no WW3.

Back
Top Bottom