Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: Work hours

$3000 is gross pay though. So net, would be even less after all the tax deductions, etc. It's not fixing computers, more like building maintenance and cleaning. Job isn't good, but pay is all right. I'm more worried about being out in the evenings and watching some good basketball games prime time. If I take this job, I can kiss all that goodbye. Wake up in the early morning and go to school. What a life. I think it should be ok, huh?

Old 01-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

I would do it. Think of the money...Just save up for awhile, buy some cool stuff, and be all good. Although you can also think into the future, pending on wether you go to High School or College. If you go to High School then this is a GREAT way to pay for college. If you're in college then this is a GREAT way to pay off student loans if you have any. Either way the cash is great to have in the future. Just try to think of what you can do in the future with it.

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
Wizard of Wires

Sometimes your social or personal life has to take a backseat to roof over the head and food in the tummy. Make the most of your time off. And don't blow every cent you get on nonsense. Put some back. Interest rates on savings will pad that wallet down the road.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #14
Golden Master

I'd take it. It's not bad paying job you got there!
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #15
Golden Master

Ok, looks like you guys convinced me. I'm going to put in for an In-House transfer. Upon approval, first thing I will do is look for an apartment. Roommates driving me nuts. I think that's one of the lessons in life: we do what we have to do that is best for our sake even if it means sacraficing certain things. I'm not faced with this kind of problem often, but have to deal with reality. The bright side is that I don't work on weekends so most of the schooling and business will have to be during those couple of days off and whatever I can squeeze in between school and work during the weekdays. Whatever happens, I must have enough for tuition and to keep staying in school. I'm hoping the education will provide a greater benefit in the long run.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #16
Site Team

The money looks pretty good
Old 01-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

nah, I wouldn't take it....money is nothing if you aren't happy.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #18
BSOD

if you have a current job and dont require the extra money, dont ... but if its a open offer i would still take it

pink_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote