Wooot! New GPU news.

I want to get an 8800gt, and probably wont upgrade from that for a while. My 7900gs does a pretty good job as it is, and an 8800gt will be a good bit better then my 7900gs already does. So it will last me a good amount of time.

okay i just actualy read it, ati will out perform it, you can hook up 4 the 3870's and only 2 of these? and alot of ati stuff does better than the 8800 when there compared in sli/ crossfire

Whatever the price is when it launches, you can bet there will be low production runs, high demand, and therefore jacked up prices everywhere. Newegg is really bad with this sometimes.

4 3750s? I dont think so, and you could probably just hook 2 of these cards togethor, and have quad sli. Or in theory, a board supporting tri sli, could hook 3 of these suckers up, and even if you cant use them all for graphics, one of the dual cards could be used for physic or something. But it would be a complete waste of money.

And the 7950gx2 that was such a failure, is up there on the GPU charts at tom's hardware. Above the 8800gts 320mb.

yeah but it was VERY expensive, probably over double what the 8800GTS cost. also the 8800GTS performs better now, since the games are taken more advantage of the G9x architecture.

also, nvidia only has drivers for triple SLI, you CAN NOT officially quad sli to my knowledge, but there is boards with 4 PCI express x16 slots im sure

yeah well first its the 3870 and second yeah when you can only hook up 2 of these cards since its already in sli

There is "quad sli" but that was in reference to two 2-core GPUs being hooked together IIRC.

ati uses crossfire, and the 3870 is a single GPU unit so you can hook 4 of them up using crossfire

There is "quad sli" but that was in reference to two 2-core GPUs being hooked together IIRC.

when i said there is no quad sli i meant "there is no way to hook up four different video cards in a sli configuration". although im sure you could physically, but there isnt drivers that would do it for you

Back
Top Bottom