Wooot! New GPU news.

Thelis

Golden Master
I know this can be in General Hardware and Software too, but I think this is more speculation.

So, news are released about the new 9800gx2!

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQzOSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA

GeForce 9800 GX2 Exclusive Pics & Specs

NVIDIA's yet-to-be released 9800 GX2 in the "flesh." We reveal some of the specs and what should be expected.

NVIDIA's yet-to-be released GeForce 9800 GX2 in the "flesh." We reveal some of the specs and what should be expected.

The best way to think of the GeForce 9800 GX2 card is as an 8800 GPU that has been die shrunk to 65nm and placed in an SLI configuration in a "single" card. The 9800 GX2 is very reminiscent of 7950 GX2 of days past. (And we loved the 7950 GX2 at launch, but terrible support and diminishing returns soon painted it as one of NVIDIA's biggest failures since the 5800 series.)

The GeForce 9800 GX2 will launch in late February or early March as it now stands and will replace the 8800 Ultra (single GPU) card in NVIDIA's high-end product line up. The 9800 GX2 is said to be at least 30% faster than a 8800 Ultra. While it is not clear from the pictures below, we are told it will support "Quad SLI."

1199396117RddjtJdk0Z_1_1.jpg

1199396117RddjtJdk0Z_1_2.jpg

GeForce 9800 GX2

1. 1GB Frame Buffer

2. Two PCBs

3. Two 65nm GPUs Total

4. 256 Stream Processors Total

All of the information here comes from sources overseas that we consider trustworthy. Obviously there are some specifications that could be a bit more clear, especially on the memory bus. We would expect to see two 768MB frame buffers per GPU here, but that is not what is spelled out. We are guessing 512MB per GPU currently. Should we learn of any changes and/or corrections we will certainly update this page and inform our readers on our daily news page.

now that i look at it, it looks like just 2 video cards linked together, whats so big about that? i bet that dident take much to do =D

SLi cards in a single box through one PCIe slot not seem interesting to you then ?? Also look at the outputs, two of, one above the other, totally new pcb layout by the looks.

I wonder how much truth there is in it?

;)

Back
Top Bottom