Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #61
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
He's lost ties with the UN, which is one very important link to keep world peace.
Ever since the UN was founded there have been more wars in that time than there have been in the history of mankind. Thats a fact.

The UN is a place of power rather than a place of peace.
__________________

__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #62
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Kerry was at least a good sport and did not use his 10,000 lawyers to try and steal the election. The results are clear and the people spoke against John Kerry. 58.5 million people did.
I believe you're talking about Bush? How he stole the last election? You're right.
__________________

callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:56 PM   #63
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
War most definitely was the last resort. We gave Saddam thirteen years to give up and he was even offered asylum by Bahrain (and Qatar) where he would not be prosecuted. Kerry doesn't have ideas. Don't bring him up in this. He's finished. Bush has brought in the international community. But a few of those countries leaving have to because they don't have the funds. Germany and France for example are broke and don't have the money to send their military for that long (and they won't be able to send over 2,000). Back when Saddam was the ruler you wouldn't of been that scared to go to Iraq? You sir, are an idiot. That's all I will say.
Oh goodie I get to respond...

His father Bush senior gave Saddam the power to kill all those people doing his term. Instead of solving the problem (you remember when Saddam began killing his people?) Bush senior rationalized it was an accident. I'm not disagreeing with you, but let's think for one second:
Bush senior gives Saddam the weapons and the power during the gulf wars and then all of a sudden Bush 2nd comes and attacks him. Do you not see a connection? By the way bring in 30 countries is not an international community because there are over 190 countries in the world! 30 countries is a small precentage of countries.

Then there are the question why isn't Bush 2nd doing anything in countries such as Iran, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia? Iran and North Korea have weapon programs; Saudi Arabia funded some of the terrorist attacks and nothing is being done?
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:01 PM   #64
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
What about anti-Kerry people? They have the right idea. Anti-Bush haters just don't understand the dangers of terrorism.
After Bush stole the election he took a looooooongggggg vacation. Then comes 11th September, oooops maybe I should have taken my job a little more serious. Come on! Who takes a vacation after they've just got promoted president?

By the way there are only 'dangers of terrorism' if one is not pro-active. Unfortunately the US only revises its policy until people DIE! How nice is that? For example airport security was introduced only after 11 September why not before? How secure is the water supply and the power plants? Anyone?
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:12 PM   #65
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

lol you are just plain wrong.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:17 PM   #66
Fully Optimized
 
Dynamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Lol chill out
Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #67
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

More to refute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
His father Bush senior gave Saddam the power to kill all those people doing his term.
No he didn't. In fact it was Bush Sr who started the first gulf war.

Quote:
Instead of solving the problem (you remember when Saddam began killing his people?) Bush senior rationalized it was an accident.
The fact that Bush Sr did not finish the gulf war was of concern. He should of finished it because he knew if he wasn't elected, his opponent Clinton would of never done it.

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but let's think for one second:
Bush senior gives Saddam the weapons and the power during the gulf wars and then all of a sudden Bush 2nd comes and attacks him.
That's the most braindead response ever. How could you say something so utterly wrong? Why would Bush Sr give Saddam weapons during and after a war? He didn't. The Chinese were the biggest suppliers of weapons (the Russians no longer were because the Soviet Union was nearing collapse).

Quote:
Do you not see a connection? By the way bring in 30 countries is not an international community because there are over 190 countries in the world! 30 countries is a small precentage of countries.
160 countries could not participate because of funding shortfalls, political differences and other reasons. 30 is still quite impressive.

Quote:
Then there are the question why isn't Bush 2nd doing anything in countries such as Iran, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia? Iran and North Korea have weapon programs; Saudi Arabia funded some of the terrorist attacks and nothing is being done?
This is getting so ridiculous. You have any idea what you are saying? Saudi Arabia has some elements that are funding terrorist attacks and is doing the best it can to deal with it. It takes time. North Korea well needs to be dealt with. I think the Chinese can flex their muscles there and should. And the Iranians will be facing an internal revolution again.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #68
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
After Bush stole the election he took a looooooongggggg vacation. Then comes 11th September, oooops maybe I should have taken my job a little more serious. Come on! Who takes a vacation after they've just got promoted president?
You're soooo plain wrong. He didn't take a vacation numb nuts. He went right to work on several budgets he was pushing through. In fact in his first four years he has passed more legislation then Clinton did in his 8 years. You are soo dumb. Bush never stole the election. Use your damn head. There were studies showing he gained more and more votes in Florida if the recounts went on.

Quote:
By the way there are only 'dangers of terrorism' if one is not pro-active. Unfortunately the US only revises its policy until people DIE! How nice is that? For example airport security was introduced only after 11 September why not before? How secure is the water supply and the power plants? Anyone?
The US was fighting terrorism before 9/11, but should of went after Afghanistan. In fact the invasion plans for Afghanistan were set before 9/11 even happened. The regime in Afghanistan was hellish. It had to go. There was also airport security before September 11th.. though not adequate enough. I blame that on Clinton.

You aren't too smart.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:45 AM   #69
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

More to refute...



No he didn't. In fact it was Bush Sr who started the first gulf war.
--> YEA that is what I said, he started the war. He gave the power to Saddam. To say he did not supply weapons, money and power to Saddam is an understament. You need to go back and read your history. There were some reviews of Saddam in Newsweek and it talked about how Bush Sr funded his regime, very interesting.


The fact that Bush Sr did not finish the gulf war was of concern. He should of finished it because he knew if he wasn't elected, his opponent Clinton would of never done it.

--> You do not start something you don't plan on finishing.


That's the most braindead response ever. How could you say something so utterly wrong? Why would Bush Sr give Saddam weapons during and after a war? He didn't. The Chinese were the biggest suppliers of weapons (the Russians no longer were because the Soviet Union was nearing collapse).
---> please review history. Yea he probably bought weapons from China but the investment to put him in power was the Bush Sr.



160 countries could not participate because of funding shortfalls, political differences and other reasons. 30 is still quite impressive.
---> Where do you get 160 from? Source?


This is getting so ridiculous. You have any idea what you are saying? Saudi Arabia has some elements that are funding terrorist attacks and is doing the best it can to deal with it. It takes time. North Korea well needs to be dealt with. I think the Chinese can flex their muscles there and should. And the Iranians will be facing an internal revolution again.
---> So you do agree that Saudi Arabia is funding terrorist? Then doesn't that just go against Bush's statement that he'll stop sources of terror? I believe Bush needs to stop accepting their money and then deal with all the countries who have WMD.
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:58 AM   #70
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

"You're soooo plain wrong. He didn't take a vacation numb nuts. He went right to work on several budgets he was pushing through. In fact in his first four years he has passed more legislation then Clinton did in his 8 years. You are soo dumb. Bush never stole the election. Use your damn head. There were studies showing he gained more and more votes in
Florida if the recounts went on."

--> Then why did he take the issue to the supreme court (with which his family had influences with some of the Justices)? The Flordia recounts were ordered to be stopped without fully counting all of them. I'm saying let's be fair! To me tha tis not fair. And first of all "you are soo dumb" does not constitute for an argument. You do not say "you are soo dumb" in an essay you support it with information. I am saying he stole the election because he did! He had family connection all throughout the government system and then he goes to the supreme court about the issue. Many people were mad at the decision that there were protests his first day in office (ie eggs thrown at his limo).

-->I was refering to his vacation in Aug 2001 right before 11 September and his vacation was for two months (July to Aug 2001)


"The US was fighting terrorism before 9/11, but should of went after Afghanistan. In fact the invasion plans for Afghanistan were set before 9/11 even happened. The regime in Afghanistan was hellish. It had to go. There was also airport security before September 11th.. though not adequate enough. I blame that on Clinton."

--> Yea not enough security, not enough people doing what they should do. Bush and Clinton had access to the information about these events but choose to ignore it or it was never presented to them. Either way it makes both of their administrations look bad.
It is obvious Afganistan had to go after the 11 Sept, but what is strange nothing was done to Saudi Arabia b/c the Bush family gets money from them and b/c of their oil.

"You aren't too smart."
--> Evidently you must think I'm smart otherwise you would not reply.
__________________

callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0