Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2004, 12:09 AM   #91
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
The point I was making is that the person to file the US Supreme Court case was Bush and not Gore because his name comes first in the suit, Bush V. Gore.
DUDE, that was not the first case that was made in 2000. In the Florida Supreme Court it was Gore, and Bush appealed to the US Supreme Court.

Quote:
I agree with you here, but I was describing how we have writing from our founding fathers that says states have the right to govern the elections. Whether they wanted to count them once, twice, or hundred times is their progative. The point you avoid is that Bush Senior knew people from the Supreme court.
Bush senior knew people from the Supreme Court? Every president has to know who is on the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter if one knows somebody on the Supreme Court. Right now the only justice I have a big problem with is Scalia.

Quote:
Considering Bush' record as governor in Texas it is reasonable that he did not have daily briefings. Yea I know that he has people under him but he is the person in charge. Example: Your boss at work is on vacation for two months do you work (a) the same, (b) slower, or (c) faster. The answer is obvious.
You again don't know what you are talking about. You talk without evidence. You're a fool at best. John Kerry missed 70% of the votes in the Senate last year. Cheney on the other hand was at each of them.

Quote:

Evidently the government does not know how to function. Security should be a priority. I said they should do it, but I never said they had the resources to do it. They should have many committees in the CIA/FBA looking into these threats.
You're a fool. The government does know how to function. It cannot look through each threat just as it cannot protect every mile of its border. It just isn't feasible. It would be far too expensive. You don't know anything. FBA? What the heck is the FBA? FBI you mean. Neither have enough man power to look at everything. The FBI not to mention has to monitor domestic terrorists.

Quote:
By the way I don't know why you decided to bring up about Pearl Harbor. Many historian describe that the president purposely ignored that information about Pearl Harbor because he wanted the USA to go to war. At that time he knew that the people did not want to go to war so now the people would have a reason to go to war.
It has to do with the facts. Many historians DO NOT SAY that. You're full of crap. The US did not ignore anything. There was so much intel from mainland China there was not enough time. You don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Another question to ponder does this sound like what Bush did? Did he purprosely ignore the intelligence so he could go to Iraq?
Again you demonstrate your idiocy.

Quote:
Why would you greet them? Anyone? Cos of oil, oil = money. There relationship is a two way street with transations of money, oil and power. To say that they don't get money from them is an understatment.
Oh please. This had nothing to do with oil.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #92
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
The U. S. Supreme Court, of course, has its own partisan divisions. Some of its members were happy, or at least unconcerned, to allow the Florida court's Democratic majority to steal the election for the Democratic candidate. However, a five-justice Republican majority, was not at all happy with that prospect. The five partisan Republicans had two choices: they could do nothing and hope that Congress and/or the Florida Legislature stopped the theft, or they could articulate a rationale and stop it themselves.
The five justice panel in Florida was not having a republican majority. It was 3 democrats, 2 republicans in the Florida supreme court.

You don't know what you are talking about.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #93
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:34 AM   #94
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
The five justice panel in Florida was not having a republican majority. It was 3 democrats, 2 republicans in the Florida supreme court.

You don't know what you are talking about.
edit: sorry for my confusion. I went back to the site. I thought you had written it was a democratic majority. You are right.
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:35 AM   #95
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
Hello! That was not my quote, it was from the site I put with the site. By the way 3 democrats vs 2 republicans is a majority. 3 to 2 would win so I don't see where you're coming from?
You can't read. I have nothing else to say to you. You're incompetent.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:44 AM   #96
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
DUDE, that was not the first case that was made in 2000. In the Florida Supreme Court it was Gore, and Bush appealed to the US Supreme Court.
I am talking about US Supreme Court not Flordia Supreme Court, you are right it was Gore first, then Bush.

Quote:
Bush senior knew people from the Supreme Court? Every president has to know who is on the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter if one knows somebody on the Supreme Court. Right now the only justice I have a big problem with is Scalia.
When you know someone personally you can influence them greater.

Quote:
You again don't know what you are talking about. You talk without evidence. You're a fool at best. John Kerry missed 70% of the votes in the Senate last year. Cheney on the other hand was at each of them.
Again I was talking about Bush and then you bring John Kerry into the picture. We weren't even discussing him. You are right about the Kerry not being present in the senate. Again their workers for the senators brief them about other senators' legislation cos there is just too many.

[QUOTE]The government does know how to function. It cannot look through each threat just as it cannot protect every mile of its border. It just isn't feasible. It would be far too expensive. [QUOTE]

How is a committee too expensive? We have comittees in congress all the time. Time to be proactive, but it is obvious that this will not be done cos like you said people see it as not feasible and expensive.


Quote:
It has to do with the facts. Many historians DO NOT SAY that. You're full of crap. The US did not ignore anything. There was so much intel from mainland China there was not enough time. You don't know what you are talking about.
Well we can have theories--you have your theory that they ignored it cos of too many paperwork and my theory is that he ignored it on purpose because he wanted to go to war.


Quote:
Oh please. This had nothing to do with oil.
And you have said that is why Bush doesn't want to go to war with them cos of the world's dependency on oil.
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #97
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
I am talking about US Supreme Court not Flordia Supreme Court, you are right it was Gore first, then Bush.
Dude, it started in Florida. Bush did not start it. Bush simply appealed and that is legal and proper.

Quote:
When you know someone personally you can influence them greater.
All Supreme court justices were appointed by presidents.

Quote:
Again I was talking about Bush and then you bring John Kerry into the picture. We weren't even discussing him. You are right about the Kerry not being present in the senate. Again their workers for the senators brief them about other senators' legislation cos there is just too many.
That's not the point. You are just wrong about Bush. He was working the whole time. A president is not someone who can just forget all the worries. That's why they only have the job for 4 or sometimes 8 eight years.

Quote:
How is a committee too expensive? We have comittees in congress all the time. Time to be proactive, but it is obvious that this will not be done cos like you said people see it as not feasible and expensive.
A committee doesn't solve all the problems. You need analysts and people on the ground. There is a lot of intel and it takes a lot of time to go over. You don't know what you are talking about, I'm sorry.

Quote:
Well we can have theories--you have your theory that they ignored it cos of too many paperwork and my theory is that he ignored it on purpose because he wanted to go to war.
Theories no. I am speaking facts. Only facts. This is how it is. There was so much intel in the 40s from Nationalist China that slowed the US from looking at all Intel. Also to mention the US Army only had 227,000, of which 75,000 were actually armed. Why I mention that is there wasn't a large enough core of intel officers.

Quote:
And you have said that is why Bush doesn't want to go to war with them cos of the world's dependency on oil.
Oh give me a damn break.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:00 AM   #98
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 46
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Dude, it started in Florida. Bush did not start it. Bush simply appealed and that is legal and proper.
Yea that is what I am saying. Gore started it because the margin was small enough to issue recounts according to the Flordia constitution. Yea.

Quote:
All Supreme court justices were appointed by presidents.
Yea I know, but Bush Sr. was a friend with one of the justices. That is that he not only chose the justice but was his friend.

Quote:
That's not the point. You are just wrong about Bush. He was working the whole time. A president is not someone who can just forget all the worries. That's why they only have the job for 4 or sometimes 8 eight years.
I agree with your words about working but there is a lot of doubt when there are clips on CNN of his vacation. Hopefully he is a hard worker.

Quote:
A committee doesn't solve all the problems. You need analysts and people on the ground. There is a lot of intel and it takes a lot of time to go over. You don't know what you are talking about, I'm sorry.
I was refering to a committee who has all the resources that they need such as those you listed. It takes time and money so I don't think it would ever happen. What do you think the government should do if they are receiving many threats?

Quote:
Theories no. I am speaking facts. Only facts. This is how it is. There was so much intel in the 40s from Nationalist China that slowed the US from looking at all Intel. Also to mention the US Army only had 227,000, of which 75,000 were actually armed. Why I mention that is there wasn't a large enough core of intel officers.
I hope so because it seems that the president ignored it cos he wanted to go to war (he expressed his desire to go to war beforehand and the population didn't want to after ww1 so that is why it's reasonable to conclude he allowed it to happen because of Hitler)
callarse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:05 AM   #99
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callarse1
Yea that is what I am saying. Gore started it because the margin was small enough to issue recounts according to the Flordia constitution. Yea.
What's your point?

Quote:
Yea I know, but Bush Sr. was a friend with one of the justices. That is that he not only chose the justice but was his friend.
So was Reagan and Clinton.. your point being?

Quote:
I agree with your words about working but there is a lot of doubt when there are clips on CNN of his vacation. Hopefully he is a hard worker.
Clips clips clips. Clips of how long? 30 seconds?

Quote:
I was refering to a committee who has all the resources that they need such as those you listed. It takes time and money so I don't think it would ever happen. What do you think the government should do if they are receiving many threats?
A committee doesn't solve problems. It can't. There needs to be more intel officers, not committee bureaucrats.

Quote:
I hope so because it seems that the president ignored it cos he wanted to go to war (he expressed his desire to go to war beforehand and the population didn't want to after ww1 so that is why it's reasonable to conclude he allowed it to happen because of Hitler)
The PRESIDENT DID NOT IGNORE IT BECAUSE HE WASN'T TOLD ABOUT IT. WHY? BECAUSE THE INTEL SAYING THAT THE JAPANESE WAS COMING CAME TOO LATE AND THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO LOOK AT IT ALL. IT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE. I don't know how much clearer I have to put this.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 AM   #100
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Wooot! George Bush Wins.

LOL FDR wanted to go to war. Umm he was the most liberal president ever. I thought liberals didnt want to go to war. Fact is FDR tried to encourage the US people to not go to war. He decided not to ally with anyone until attacked. He forced Britain to pay cash for any goods they bought. Read history. Where do you get you facts.

FDR is one of the worst prez ever and abandoned our allies in times of need. Forced us into socialism. Destryed millions of peoples lifes with welfare.

With Democrat logic, Bill Clinton was to blame for the US Cole, Embassies being bombed, atrocities in Africa, slaying of Christians and Muslims in Serbia.

You just dont get it. Why are you not blaming the Terrorists? They certainly should have every last ounce of blame placed on their shoulders.

BLAME THE PEOPLE REALLY RESPONSIBLE AND GET OFF US PRESIDENTS BACKS!!! THEY DID NOTHING TO CAUSE IT AND DID EVERYTHING IN THEIR TO STOP IT.

Fact is that we have stopped tens of very devistating attacks on the US in the past 3 years. You havent heard about them because Bush didnt want to inflame more terrorism. If we was so concerned about his approval and not the american people he would shout on the rooftops that he has saved thousands of lifes with the post 9/11 policy that has been adopted.

People hate Bush because they watch too much TV. The people on TV hate him because he believes in a just GOD. And he knows right and wrong and will tell people they are doing wrong when they are at fault. TV people think you should just be nice to everyone, worship killers, worship rapists.

If you dont realize that TV people have agendas then i feel really sorry for you.

There is no TV station that is a trustworthy source. BBC is liberal adn globalists, CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN are all Democrat Opperatives. FOX is moderately conservative.

TV WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE FULL PICTURE.

Bill Clinton vacationed just as much or more than Bush, he just did it for less time, Bush does it for a month or so then is at Washington for the rest of the year.Bill Clinton wasted months of time wrapped up in legal matters.
__________________

__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0