wOOHOOO!!! got my "OnLive" invite!!

lewblue83

In Runtime
last week i put in to be randomly selected for onlive. im not sure how hard it is to get picked. but i got the invite! 12 months free of onlive service.

Wow, make sure you tell us how it works :D

i like the interface. its pretty graphically intense. like when browsing games, there is constantly a video of that game in action. if u understand what im trying to say. lol. like instead of a thumbnail pic next to the game title, its an actual movie of the game.

you can also watch other people playing games and give them a thumbs up or thumbs down

How is the service to play on though? Any lag from controller to screen? Any errors caused by the encoding/decoding of the movie, from the convertor? Like stuck pixels, etc? Or where blocks don't refresh correctly?

How is the service to play on though? Any lag from controller to screen? Any errors caused by the encoding/decoding of the movie, from the convertor? Like stuck pixels, etc? Or where blocks don't refresh correctly?

only problem im noticing, is there doesnt seem to be a way to adjust the graphics settings. im not sure if it scans your system and automatically sets it or what not.

and no there isnt any lag at all from controller to screen.

F-in A. I'm sorry lew, but if anyone needed to win this testing membership thing, it should have been that dustin_broke guy so he can quithisb*tchin' about his sharty computer and quit making threads about it. BAHAHAHAHA! :-D

Let us know how it is as you keep using it.

only problem im noticing, is there doesnt seem to be a way to adjust the graphics settings. im not sure if it scans your system and automatically sets it or what not.

There is no graphical settings, as it isn't using your computer at all to render it. As you are playing, a server on their end is running the game in full detail on their hardware, encoding a video stream in real time, sending it over to you, where the OnLive box is decoding it back in real time from the source.

That is why their may have been some lag, but since you are not noticing any; that's great!

Cool, what games have you tried so far?

Just got mine!

What suxors is, you have to pay the $4.95 (not during promo period) per month, and on top of that, you have to purchase access to the games. Just another way to make the scrilla I guess.

Back
Top Bottom