Woes of RMA

culexor

Daemon Poster
Well, about 2 months ago my MSI 8800GTS started acting up....I just dealt with it, wiped my system, until finally it died completely. I requested an RMA on 10/28 and gave it to my mom to take to the post office. Well since then I've sold and shipped several things on Amazon. I remember that she told me yesterday that she "forgot" to ship my video card until monday when I gave her some headphones to ship to someone. Well this doesn't make much sense since the box is very hard to "forget" about, especially if it's sitting on top of her desk. Also I've given her at least a dozen things to ship since I gave her the card, so I find it very hard to believe that she didn't notice that she needed to take it to the post office. So now I'm kind of pissed because my video card has been held up for an extra 3 weeks and it usually takes MSI about a month from receiving the product and it arriving at your front door. So today I get an email from someone who bought a pair of headphones that I gave to my mom on monday (when she shipped the card), but in the email it said they received my video card :eek:. About an hour after that I get an email from MSI saying they got a pair of headphones instead of my video card. I'm like oh, great. So I call my mom up and she blames USPS even though it's obvious that she put the wrong label on the wrong box (she prints them off online and I give her cash for them and she drops them off). She trys to blame USPS somehow lol. Anyways, now I have to deal with the customer who I had to give a refund and some extra to cover the shipping to send it back to me. I tried to email MSI but I haven't heard back yet. So now I'm going to have to fork over some extra money (about $20) to get these items to the right places and I'm going to have to wait another month and a half to two months to get my video card back home in working condition. So it looks like I'm going to be on my old 6600 until about January. Oh well, shit happens.

yeah, i realise that, its not really her fault. i would do it myself but i don't have a car and theres a post office right next to where she works and i usually buy the labels and she prints them off and puts them on boxes she gets from her office, its just easier and cheaper that way.

Back
Top Bottom