Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: wisdom teeth

would it be still be painful even though they use local anesthetics?

ericf1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

its only painful the days later on. And not eating delicious food. That was painful too

David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

just get put to sleep...you wake up and it's over..nothing to it. will be sore for a couple of days, but they usually give you some pain meds to help with that.
Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

doesnt hurt at all, had mine pulled, the doctor missedmy vien like 5 times because he said i had to much muscle there btw other than that it dident hurt it just felt weird feeling it with my tounge now it just feels like all bony right there =\ dont hurt though
Old 02-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

To be quite honest with you, Getting others opinions is great as it gives you an idea of what to expect, But you have to understand the procedure itself, pain, problems VARIES from person to person. One person may be fine with just a local anasthetic whereas some may need to be fully put out. Some people have an easy extraction, Whereas some have their Wisdoms buried under under teeth growing in wrong directions.

As for my procedure, I was just given a light dosage of Novacaine for numbing as I had already previously explained to my doctor I was constantly under pain relief while taking Oxycontin. So the meds I was already taking for a severe back injury managed constant relief during my procedure anyhow.

If your worried about it that much, Just request to be put out. Depending on the facility, Some frown upon completely putting you under. Not trying to scare you, There have just been incidents where a very few folk never woke up. But I'm almost positive these where in situations where the facility itself as well as its practicing doctors were more than a mile shy of certified.

Good Luck.
AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
To be quite honest with you, Getting others opinions is great as it gives you an idea of what to expect, But you have to understand the procedure itself, pain, problems VARIES from person to person. One person may be fine with just a local anasthetic whereas some may need to be fully put out. Some people have an easy extraction, Whereas some have their Wisdoms buried under under teeth growing in wrong directions.

As for my procedure, I was just given a light dosage of Novacaine for numbing as I had already previously explained to my doctor I was constantly under pain relief while taking Oxycontin. So the meds I was already taking for a severe back injury managed constant relief during my procedure anyhow.

If your worried about it that much, Just request to be put out. Depending on the facility, Some frown upon completely putting you under. Not trying to scare you, There have just been incidents where a very few folk never woke up. But I'm almost positive these where in situations where the facility itself as well as its practicing doctors were more than a mile shy of certified.

Good Luck.
but if its horizontal facing the front, is it suppose to be harder or easier to take out as if it was slanted
ericf1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

It doesn't really matter as you will be a sleep, you wont feel a thing until you wake up and with some painkillers you will be fine, the more you worry about it the more your mind will keep second guessing and worrying, try not to think about it till the day you go.
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

For me, I remember just a couple things. I got in there, they hooked up an IV, those feel wierd, the cold running up your arm... Then they gave me a couple shots in my mouth. Then I remember looking around at all the machines and stuff, then I remember waking up, that's it. 45 minutes. Hurt for a couple days, but otherwise wasnt bad.