Windows vs. Full Screen

mammikoura said:
full. I have 2 monitors so I can follow irc and msn easily while playing full screen.
Yeah, me too. Do you know of any way to control other programs in-game without minimizing the game?

alvino said:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1GB Corsair Value Select RAM DDR-400/PC-3200
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3
120GB Seagate Barracuda UltraATA HDD
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

I play all my VALVe game on 1680x1050 with all settings on high and at least 2x AA and 4x AF. I get about 60-120 frames per second depending on which game and where I am in the game (I tend to get better frames in Counter-Strike Source in comparison to Day of Defeat: Source).

Emmm, with a video card like that, why don't you just max it out? :p, i mean your still gonna get high fps right?

ya cs isn't really graphic intensive.

why would u have extra programs running while playing a game? just play the game!

There are some games which are just time fillers, like Football Manager, or Pool that sort of thing, however games like Day of Defeat just needs to played as big as possible, on a monitor as huge as possible with the sound turned up way loud...

Valve Games: High Res 1440 X 900 with detail fairly high up...

WoW: Windowed but Maximized because up until recently it allowed for faster alt-tabing because I use the web alot while playing to find locations for stuff....

Almost all other games besides WoW: Full screen...

plus now for the first time I have a dedicated Vid card...so I cant alt-tab almost anything!!! woo!

drumthrasher said:
ya cs isn't really graphic intensive.

why would u have extra programs running while playing a game? just play the game!

It's really CPU intensive for some reason

JikuzeN said:
Emmm, with a video card like that, why don't you just max it out? :p, i mean your still gonna get high fps right?

What do you mean? Max out the game? Or the GPU?

Back
Top Bottom