Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
In Runtime

Post Windows vista Games worked fine, Windows 7 Can't play...(saurbraten,Minecraft,)

Ok guys I don't know how to explain much of my problems but i can describe them sorry is just my way of organizing a sentence.

-Fir's i use to play a game call Saurbraten on my Computer-* Even though it lagged every 20minutes* , and This is in windows vista. By the way i installed minecraft and i have 1.5GB RAM but is still lagged a little to much I heard that the graphics is not the part that is loading that much but something else rendering?

Ok windows 7- i Upgraded yesterday, and i tried playing saurbraten it lags all the time can't move the mouse right etc....
when i tried to play minecraft it said you need to update your graphics card i went to my Computer Properties device manager graphics and pressed update and Im in the latest version i also checked Direct X i have latest version (11)
So i don't know what is happening help...

BTW i got ubuntu can i run these things on that OS?

vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Windows vista Games worked fine, Windows 7 Can't play...(saurbraten,Minecraft,)

Minecraft will run on Ubuntu, just download the Linux version from the minecraft webby.

What graphics card are you running? Most likely, just uninstalling your current drivers and installing the latest from the manufacturer's website, not through Windows, will fix the issue

Primary::: Asus M4A79XTD EVO | AMD Phenom II x3 720BE @ 3.4GHz | 2 x 2GB Corsair 1600MHz | XFX HD5770 + eVGA GTX260 Physx | 500GB Samsung F3 + 520GB Storage | Corsair Obsidian 700D | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Secondary::: Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus | Intel Q6600 | 2 x 1GB Corsair 800MHz | Gigabyte 9800GT | 180GB Caviar Blue + 250GB Storage | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Aastii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: Windows vista Games worked fine, Windows 7 Can't play...(saurbraten,Minecraft,)

Is Nvidia i forget always , but my Signature Says it.
ok I will , Btw my other post i need help if you know about hardware im building a Computer From scratch (Sorry to get off topic)
but i need help go see all my post and please help if you know.
Btw thanks ill try to find the video card cause i couldn't find it last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aastii View Post
Minecraft will run on Ubuntu, just download the Linux version from the minecraft webby.

What graphics card are you running? Most likely, just uninstalling your current drivers and installing the latest from the manufacturer's website, not through Windows, will fix the issue
Im having a bit of trouble i uninstall the video driver and i went to Nvidia downloaded my driver again when i try to install it is saying it is not compatible but i got the right one im sure about that.
1.50GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaironl View Post
Is Nvidia i forget always , but my Signature Says it.
ok I will , Btw my other post i need help if you know about hardware im building a Computer From scratch (Sorry to get off topic)
but i need help go see all my post and please help if you know.
Btw thanks ill try to find the video card cause i couldn't find it last time

Im having a bit of trouble i uninstall the video driver and i went to Nvidia downloaded my driver again when i try to install it is saying it is not compatible but i got the right one im sure about that.
Cube 2 should run in Ubuntu, it was originally programmed in Linux if I recall correctly, and it's an openGL game. Also, the video driver is most likely your problem. I know that I can't play Cube 2 anymore though, as it's not very compatible with Win7. It randomly crashes on me all of the time, it's very saddening.