Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Windows Media Player 11

i'm using beta 2 right now, i don't have any complaints. i tend to stick with winamp most of the time though.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
The Candyman

Quote:
Hmmm, I use WMP10 for almost everything just fine. In fact, it's the only movie player I have, lol. But I am eager to get the WMP11 as soon as it is available. It looks damn sexy. Am I a nerd or what?
i will have to try out WMP11 when i get a chance to. i use Winamp as my media player for music, i use Wmp for internet video, and i use WinDVD for playing DVD's, i love this software.

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Profile.jsp

Old 09-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, I occasionally use WinDVD 7 for playing movies.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #14
Golden Master

I have WinDVD but rarely use it. Hogs up too much system resources for me.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
Golden Master

I just use the old Windows Media Player 9, works for me.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

I really like WMP11, the only thing i don't like is that it can't play AAC files so i can't put my library in it. I also wish it could sync with an ipod... guess i'll have to keep dreaming!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #17
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

I hate how i cant uninistall 11 Beta 2 I want 10 back lol
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #18
Golden Master

Rolling back to a previous version of the Player

Windows Media Player is a feature of the Windows operating system and cannot be removed entirely. However, in Windows XP, you can roll back to the version of the Player that was previously on your computer.

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to perform the following procedure.

Disconnect any portable music or video devices that might be attached to your computer.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.

Click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Remove.

If Windows Media Player 11 is not displayed in the list of currently installed programs, then try the following:

At the top of the list, select the Show updates check box.
In the Windows XP - Software Updates section, click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Change/Remove.

In each of the two confirmation dialog boxes that appear, click OK.

When the rollback process is complete (it might take several minutes), click Restart.

In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.

Click Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, and then click Remove.

If Windows Media Format 11 Runtime is not displayed in the list of currently installed programs, then try the following:

At the top of the list, select the Show updates check box.

In the Windows XP - Software Updates section, click Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, and then click Change/Remove.

If you installed a non-US English version of Windows Media Player 11, the instructions in the dialog boxes that are mentioned in steps 9, 10, and 11 might appear in English.

In the first confirmation dialog box that appears, click OK.

In the second confirmation dialog box that appears, select the Do you want to continue with the rollback? check box, and then click OK.

When the rollback process is complete (it might take several minutes to complete), click Restart.

Click Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0.0, and then click Remove.

Follow the instructions that appear in the Software Update Removal Wizard.

If the Wudf01000 confirmation dialog box appears, click Yes to continue. When the software removal process is complete (it might take several minutes to complete), click Finish.

Note: If you remove Windows Media Player 11 and the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, and then encounter error C00D271D ("A problem has occurred in the Digital Rights Management component. Contact Microsoft product support."), you might be able to resolve the problem by installing the Windows Media Format 9.5 Runtime. For information about installing the Runtime, in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, see article 891122, "Update for Windows Media Digital Rights Management-enabled players."
You might not be able to roll back to a previous version of the Player if the hidden folder $NtUninstallwmp11$ is deleted from your computer. Some non-Microsoft programs (such as CCleaner) delete this folder in an attempt to remove unwanted files from your computer.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #19
Solid State Member

WMP11 theme is uber sexy

ive also had the problem of WMP10 crashin alot and just stop playing MP3's for some reason so i swiched to WMP11 nd i love it (altho i use winamp most of the time(classicsin))k a'
BaCoSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #20
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Ill do that Thanks Trd corrola

Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote