Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Windows Live Hotmail

I don't know about you but do you see a difference between the classic version and the new full version of Hotmail? I'm like switching back and forth hoping to see a difference, but I don't. They look exactly the same. Maybe the only difference is the number of messages and page navigation is on the bottom instead of being on the top.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to BrynF_UK
Default Re: Windows Live Hotmail

hmmm and the option to not include previous messages when sending a reply isn't available so far as i could see - which is annoying since i get and send replies that are like 200% longer than they should be because the include the previous messages i can't see why they can't leave things that work alone lol

BrynF_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Golden Master

They should've just left it the way it was. The only other major difference is a new login screen and the 5GB of storage increase.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

lol i only used 2% of my inbox space in a period of two years... and that was with only 1Gb
Old 10-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Golden Master

That's what I have now too. It never goes over 2% no matter how junk I store on there.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

you'd need 1048576 emails, at 5Kbs to fill your 5Gb of storage i think lol something like that anyway...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
Golden Master

Oh man, I think that's impossible for me. When the time comes, Hotmail will probably upgrade to like 8GB or 10GB online storage. I do store a lot of things through Hotmail. All new Newegg invoices for example are in a folder there. I don't like paper copies. I have a lot of attachments as well which I keep in another folder.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

And they'll find better ways of compressing emails lol so they'll get smaller - hmm maybe what they're trying to do is make sure that no one ever ever gets a full inbox or the world ends so, be warned...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Golden Master

I actually envision Hotmail to be more than just a web based email client. I predict they will branch out to multimedia type storage solution also or something more similar to an online Microsoft Outlook.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

hmmm there was something i think i saw advertised on the Hotmail about file and image hosting beta by MSN Live so i guess your right - pretty useful especially since its most likely going to be entirely free - but, security might be an issue unless they make it a bit more secure. I've already had one MSN account hacked