Windows 7 Release Candidate now available for download!

I've tried using rws and at times ended up seeing bad installs with the 7000 builds. There's also another method of mounting the iso on a virtual drive using the VirtualCloneDrive program that simulates a dvd drive.

omg okay so i had to try for like 10 hours to get an os to install onto my pc idk wtf was going on but windows didn't want to install on here for the longest time....Im back on vista i was going to try windows 7 again i guess thats not going to happen...O and when i finally got into vista i was able to actiuvate my windows without having to call Microsoft wtf computers are dumb!!!

I finally got around to installing w7 rc 64-bit yesterday and it seems a lot better than the build 7057 I was running before. It seems more stable and has more compatibility. It even installed a pre-release driver for my 8400M GS!! I was happy about that since the HP driver wasn't working.

I finally got around to installing w7 rc 64-bit yesterday and it seems a lot better than the build 7057 I was running before. It seems more stable and has more compatibility. It even installed a pre-release driver for my 8400M GS!! I was happy about that since the HP driver wasn't working.

Very nice tommy boy! My mom still has the old W7 beta on there. I'm gonna get the RC soon. I love how W7 can be run very nicely with just an 8400gs. That's what my mom's using actually.

Very nice tommy boy! My mom still has the old W7 beta on there. I'm gonna get the RC soon. I love how W7 can be run very nicely with just an 8400gs. That's what my mom's using actually.

I run a Radeon HD 2600XT 512mb card and smooth as silk for just about anything with both RCs on. You have another 6 weeks roughly to download one or both at this point.:D

I run a Radeon HD 2600XT 512mb card and smooth as silk for just about anything with both RCs on. You have another 6 weeks roughly to download one or both at this point.:D

I am downloading it as we speak. :D

i got mine to work last night :)
and saved all my old files at the .old folder, quite awesome actually.
and um loving the DX 10 Crysis game play to :)
and internet tV and such :)

so far so good :)

though i am usuing a bit more ram then i was with XP Pro, maybe its cuz w7 rC i am using is 64bit, idk, but i am averaging 1.3-2GBs ram usuage.

maybe its time to go to 8GB 1066? lol

i got mine to work last night :)
and saved all my old files at the .old folder, quite awesome actually.
and um loving the DX 10 Crysis game play to :)
and internet tV and such :)

so far so good :)

though i am usuing a bit more ram then i was with XP Pro, maybe its cuz w7 rC i am using is 64bit, idk, but i am averaging 1.3-2GBs ram usuage.

maybe its time to go to 8GB 1066? lol

Actually what you are seeing there now is no longer DX10 but DX11. Remember this is going to be the "next version of Windows". :D

Xp virtualization doesn't work for me for some reason

You may have a big problem since your cpu and board alike have to offer support for virtualization to start with! Each of the two big names in cpus for desktops has their own tool available for seeing if the model you does.

Note the AMD link brings you nowhere since apparently the recent and latest dual and quad core models already see that support. Older Intel Core Duos and certain select Core 2s and quads unfortunately don't. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/configure-bios.aspx

The board manifacturer on the other hand may have information for the bios settings if that model has the support to begin with. On the system here the XP mode proceeded by the latest Virtual PC beta went on and runs without a hitch even the need for any setting change in the bios! I seem to have made out ok in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom