Windows 7 Adverts (UK ones atleast) - do the annoy anyone else? :S

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Those adverts, where they take a person who more than likely just uses email and facebook on a reasonably old computer, then force a mid-range looking laptop on them, so they can use facebook at a million fps.

The most recent one is the worst, that PC is only 4 years old, probably not a bad PC.

It doesn't make any sense, what do they mean when they say "I'm a PC".

It's from the old mac commercials.

Did they not show these in the UK? They were really popular here for a while.

And are you referring to the commercials where they make someone's living room look like Best Buy? I always use media center, so I haven't seen any of the newer ones.

Those adverts, where they take a person who more than likely just uses email and facebook on a reasonably old computer, then force a mid-range looking laptop on them, so they can use facebook at a million fps.

The most recent one is the worst, that PC is only 4 years old, probably not a bad PC.

They're just trying to make people think that they have to upgrade their computer every four years, quite a good idea really.

It's not just PC advertising. Most advertising in general works by trying to force stuff on people that they don't need... it's how the world works these days!

Yeah, the one on the radio with the school kid saying how word art is going to make their essays look much better. Word out for essays? I certainly don't remember being encouraged to do anything like that, you should be more focused on the grammar and spelling etc

Word art has been available since office 95 (I can confess to using it back when I didn't know better...) not sure why they're suddenly pushing it for essays though - it was bad enough watching tacky year 7 powerpoint presentations using wordart on every slide...

Are we really complaining about people probably getting free P.C's from a commercial?

At any rate: Those people probably had XP (which Microsoft does not support anymore) or the God awful Vista...

It could be like Apple who releases a new product every year so you HAVE to go buy it. Iphone 5?... Ipad 2? exactly.

Back
Top Bottom