Windows 7

on the beta can you just upgrade when you d/l it if your on vista or do you have to burn it to a dvd

on the beta can you just upgrade when you d/l it if your on vista or do you have to burn it to a dvd

I'm 99% sure the download is an .iso file, and i'm pretty sure you can upgrade from Vista but you will still need to burn it to the disc. Although I don't recommend upgrading your functioning Vista partition with a Win 7 BETA! Maybe create a new partition and install Windows 7 to that, using dual boot??

Matt

DOSbox is too complicated for me. I just followed a page of instructios off another website to play my DOS game in XP. I installed sound software and applications that will alow the program to run in XP because it wouldn't work. I hope it works for Windows 7. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.
Didn't I tell you to PM me if you wanted help setting up DOSbox? I know how to setup and use the program relatively well...
I'm just going to wait until Windows 7 hits retail.

They've just updated their site....

Microsoft said:
Windows 7

Over the past few years, you've asked us to make some changes to Windows. We listened closely. Now it's time to share an early look at how we've used your feedback. Windows 7 is faster, more reliable, and makes it easier to do what you want. Both the everyday things and the killer "is that really possible?" things. Dig into this site to see what's coming. Want to try the Beta? Come back the afternoon of January 9. And remember—this is just a preview. There's more to come.

Afternoon :( lol

I assume it is going to take you a long time to download it as soon as they release it because everyone is going to be doing the same thing.

I have it on my laptop as my primary os. It doesnt seem to have any major issues at all and it's a lot faster than vista. I hope it comes out before I head off to college in august so I can upgrade to it before I go.

Edit: there is one issue though not major, the taskbar sometimes goes all flickery and weird but goes back to normal after a few seconds.

Microsoft has not named a launch date for the operating system, other than to say it would deliver Windows 7 by about this time next year. On Wednesday, Ballmer said nothing about ship dates.

Here is an excerpt from an article I read on CIO.com

Back
Top Bottom