Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #31
Daemon Poster
 
Steemax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 590
Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
I played World of Warcraft, Maplestory and Guild Wars lag-free for a few months. Runescape worked fine, too. Obviously first person shooters and other more bandwidth-intensive games would probably not function as well without lag - I haven't tried them though.
Ah .. when I moved into my new house I had to use dial up for a couople weeks.. Used AOL and in World of Warcraft I would have 12k MS>.. so that wasn't fun .. you must have a good dial up connection then.
__________________

__________________
| Intel Core i7 4770K | Nvidia GTX 770OC | Samsung EVO 500GB SSD | Carbide 400R | Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 | Corsair 750TXV2 PSU | Corsair Hydro 100i | Gigabyte Z87 Mobo |
Steemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #32
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
Ah .. when I moved into my new house I had to use dial up for a couople weeks.. Used AOL and in World of Warcraft I would have 12k MS>.. so that wasn't fun .. you must have a good dial up connection then.
I'm not sure you can put Bell and good in the same sentence. It works most of the time I guess but sometimes it goes down and I can't connect or web pages don't load or it gets extremely slow (down to 1-2kb/s) or the latency skyrockets but generally in World of Warcraft, my pings were around 200ms. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I got the same latency at the library when they had broadband, but it was wireless so yeah.
__________________

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #33
Daemon Poster
 
Steemax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 590
Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
I'm not sure you can put Bell and good in the same sentence. It works most of the time I guess but sometimes it goes down and I can't connect or web pages don't load or it gets extremely slow (down to 1-2kb/s) or the latency skyrockets but generally in World of Warcraft, my pings were around 200ms. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I got the same latency at the library when they had broadband, but it was wireless so yeah.
Well 200ms is actualy as good as broadband ... wierd.. but I get 190 to 200 ms on my broadband connection.. In a very populated server.
__________________
| Intel Core i7 4770K | Nvidia GTX 770OC | Samsung EVO 500GB SSD | Carbide 400R | Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 | Corsair 750TXV2 PSU | Corsair Hydro 100i | Gigabyte Z87 Mobo |
Steemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #34
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
Well 200ms is actualy as good as broadband ... wierd.. but I get 190 to 200 ms on my broadband connection.. In a very populated server.
I did a bit of research because I kinda thought I knew what the name of the realm I played on was and I found it. I played on Terokkar. It was probably low-medium population at the time but the only reason I joined was when I first started playing World of Warcraft, it was recommended or something. I quit after a month or two, the game just wasn't exciting anymore.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=780
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #35
Daemon Poster
 
Steemax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 590
Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Ah I see... Ive been playing for almost 3 years now.. basicly second it came out. LOL but if I had to use the AOL Dialup I had to use for a couple weeks, I'd quite in a heartbeat.
__________________
| Intel Core i7 4770K | Nvidia GTX 770OC | Samsung EVO 500GB SSD | Carbide 400R | Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 | Corsair 750TXV2 PSU | Corsair Hydro 100i | Gigabyte Z87 Mobo |
Steemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #36
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Wierd internet speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
Ah I see... Ive been playing for almost 3 years now.. basicly second it came out. LOL but if I had to use the AOL Dialup I had to use for a couple weeks, I'd quite in a heartbeat.
I've never used anything by AOL, though I'd imagine the latency wouldn't get as bad as 12,000 milliseconds... must have been a problem with your line or something.
__________________

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0